Hopefully, you know about Botox treatment; an injectable that works by relaxing the specific muscles that cause the development of wrinkles and frown lines on your skin. Allergan has been making Botox for more than 20 years. When it comes to safety and efficacy, the treatment is highly safe and effective.
However, in 2009, a competitor of Botox entered the market which is known as Dysport. It is also approved by the FDA. A company named Medicis has marketed this treatment. Earlier, this treatment was named as Reloxin. Now the question is which treatment is better for wrinkles; Botox or Dysport?
Let’s find out!
Differences: Botox versus Dysport
Knowing the differences between Dysport and Botox allows you to get a clear idea regarding these treatments. In this way, it will be helpful for you to decide which one is better for wrinkles. Different discussions have been done among physicians regarding the differences and following are some of the variations that came out;
- Botox for wrinkles is less drift and more accurate. On the other hand, Dysport is more drift and better for large areas that reduce its focus.
- Botox has long-lasting results. But, Dysport doesn’t provide long-lasting effects.
- The onset of Dysport is quick i.e. within 2 to 5 days. However, when it comes to Botox, it takes 4 to 7 days for the onset.
- A Botox injection contains more accessory protein due to which it is more likely to develop resistance. When it comes to Dysport, the effects are less due to less amount of protein.
- FDA has approved Botox for crow’s feet and the area between the eyebrows but Dysport is approved only for the area between eyebrows.
- When it comes to customers’ satisfaction level, the researches have been conducted in this regard. An online survey was conducted by the Allergan for knowing the satisfaction level of Botox and it revealed a 95 percent satisfaction rate. On the other hand, according to a peer-reviewed article, the customer satisfaction level for Dysport is also 95 percent.
Some of the physicians are very happy because of the fact that there is a competitor of Botox in the market. There is not much difference in the price of both treatments. Still, most people don’t want to try a new treatment and they go for the famous one. No doubt, Botox is a famous procedure with respect to safety and efficacy, so most of the people still go for it.
Which One Should You Choose?
Now you must be familiar with all the differences and facts regarding Botox and Dysport. So, now it should be your decision to choose a treatment as per your desires. Don’t forget to discuss it with your doctor. He can better guide you on the most suitable treatment. Both treatments are effective when it comes to the treatment of wrinkles.
However, you need to be careful while choosing your practitioner. You will get the best results only when he will be able to perform the treatment in an expert way. The skin of every person is different from the other so your doctor needs to be well-experienced.
Do you want to consult an expert doctor? Visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® and get benefit from our free consultation. All of our doctors are highly qualified and due to their extensive experience, they know how to deal with every person on the basis of his individual desires and skin type. You just need to fill in the form given below to book your consultation. Once you fill this form, one of our staff members will get back to you. What are you waiting for? Go ahead and avail this amazing offer.