Follicular Unit Extraction is one of the most sought-after hair transplantation techniques nowadays, thanks to its minimally invasive nature. It is different than the traditional strip transplant method. The Follicular Hair Extraction method uses a specially designed tool to remove hair follicles from the donor site directly.
Who Can Have FUE?
You can be a perfect candidate for follicular unit extraction, if:
- you have permanent hair thinning, receding hairline, or a bald head
- you want a minimally invasive hair transplant
- you do not have enough quantity of balding resisting hair on your head
- you have a tight scalp
- your hair loss is no longer progressive
It is, nevertheless, essential to consult with a follicular unit extraction expert.
FUE Hair Transplant Goals
Follicular unit extraction is an important procedure for hair transplants. The main goals of follicular unit extraction are to get a fuller and thicker head of hair, an enhanced youthful look, and permanent hair in a natural way. Follicular unit extraction offers a scar-free hair transplant with minimum downtime and recovery period.
Manual FUE and Motorized Automated FUE are the two techniques used for hair transplantation.
- In the manual FUE method, the surgeon manually extracts the follicular units with a specially designed punch tool.
- A specially designed automated punch tool is used for faster graft extraction in the motorized automated FUE method.
The procedure is performed in seven steps.
- In the first step, the surgeon will expose the hair follicles.
- Secondly, the surgeon will draw the recipient area as per your hairline.
- The third step involves the administration of local anesthesia to the donor area.
- Then the extraction process of hair follicles will start with the help of a punch tool.
- In the fifth step, extracted follicles are trimmed to remove the fats and extra tissues.
- The sixth step involves the administration of local anesthesia again to make incisions on the recipient area.
- In the seventh and the last step, the grafts will be individually and carefully inserted into the incisions to complete the process.
Like all other surgeries, follicular unit extraction recovery also requires a few steps. It would be best not to wash your scalp for 24 to 36 hours after the surgery. Do not massage your scalp for the next 10 days after the transplant. It is important not to touch your scalp unnecessarily. Sleep in an upright position, with your head, elevated at 45 degrees for the first few nights. Do use the medicines prescribed by the doctor regularly.
Consultation With an Expert
Even though FUE is a very beneficial technique for hair transplantation, you should still consult with an expert first. A consultation will help you understand the pros and cons of FUE treatment. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic offers a free personalized consultation session with one of its leading FUE hair transplant experts. So if you are interested in follicular unit extraction, please sign up today for an appointment.