Hair loss is not a fun experience. Watching your crown of glory disappear more and more each time you look in the mirror is daunting. Even though hair loss is common among many people, it sure makes your self-esteem take a nosedive. Not to lose hope, though, as technology is evolving, and you can actually get your hair back or almost get it back. Either way, you will have hair on your head again. You can opt for either a surgical hair transplant treatment for men or a hair replacement system. Although these two options cater to the same need, they are very different.
Let’s take a look at them individually.
It involves taking hair from one part of the scalp and putting it on the bald region. It is done surgically, and to do this, you must have enough donor’s hair. But in some cases, the hair can be harvested from the arms or chest.
Some factors are considered before starting the procedure. For instance, whether you have enough donor hair or not and how much hair you might lose. The procedure takes several hours, and a local anesthetic is involved to numb the scalp. Two to three sessions are required for optimal results. The implanted hair usually fall off after a month; then, the new hair will start to grow after several weeks.
Advantages of Hair Transplant
- After the hair transplant, your hair will continue to grow naturally.
- You will have a positive aesthetic change.
- Your self-esteem will improve.
- You will have your natural hair back.
Disadvantages of Hair Transplant
- It is an expensive procedure.
- There is a risk of infection.
- You might get some scarring.
Hair Replacement System
If you do not want to opt for a surgical way of hair transplant, you can choose a hair replacement system. Some people call them wigs, toupees, or hairpieces. Hair replacement systems are an instant solution to hair loss. They are made of the highest quality synthetic or human hair that can be attached to existing hair, the bald part, or both. They come in different colors, styles, lengths, density, and texture. The hair replacement system is popular due to its affordability and versatility.
Advantages of Hair Replacement System
- It is affordable.
- It provides instant results.
- No surgery is needed.
Disadvantages of Hair Replacement System
- It requires regular maintenance.
- Frequent cleaning is needed.
- It may feel like a wig.
Hair Transplant vs. Hair Replacement System
- One is surgical; the other is non-surgical.
- The quality of the donor’s hair determines the success of the hair transplant.
- You need to attach the new hairpiece to your head in hair replacement, but this is not the case in hair transplant.
- You cannot change the results of a hair transplant, but you can choose what kind of hair replacement system you want. Hence, no risk is involved.
- Hair transplant produces natural and permanent results, while hairpieces have artificial results offering a temporary solution.
- You don’t need to maintain transplanted hair but hair replacement systems require regular cleaning.
Before you settle for a particular method, make sure to research all the available options and see which one suits you best. For proper consultation, you should reach out to a well-reputed hair transplant clinic like Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic. They have all the facilities and state-of-the-art equipment. You can book your free initial consultation session with one of our surgeons for more information regarding the two options discussed above.