Hair transplant in Dubai is very popular nowadays to restore lost hair. But there are persons, who are not ready for a transplant yet, or just want to explore more hair restoration options. We will look at some popular hair replacement options, and then discuss the advantages and disadvantages of a hair transplant at the end.
1. Toupee and wigs
We all have heard many jokes about toupees blowing away and wigs going askew. Actually, the practice of using wigs and toupees goes back to the beginning of recorded history. The earliest known example of hair systems was found in a tomb near Hierakonpolis, an ancient city in Egypt. It dates back to 3100 BC. A toupee is a small piece of hair (synthetic or real) on a mesh. It is used to cover the desired area of the head. This is a great option for people who need a hair replacement on a temporary basis, are not ready for a hair transplant surgery yet, or just want to try a lot of hair styles without damaging their hair. Here are some of the pros and cons of such hair systems.
- The initial cost is low.
- The results are fast and predictable.
- Need of frequent repair and cleaning
- Need of duplicates when one is under repair
- Low cost toupees are detectable, while natural looking toupees are quite expensive.
- Unpleasant odor due to oil buildup on the scalp
- Increased hair loss
The styling does not put hair on your scalp but it can make your baldness less noticeable. Here are some tips for styling your hair to make them appear fuller.
- The color of the skin and hair play an important role in this regard. A matching color will make your baldness less noticeable, while a contrasting color will make your scalp and baldness more visible. Dyeing the hairs to match the scalp is a good way to conceal hair loss.
- Keeping the hairs shiny will cause them to reflect more light. This will make your scalp less visible. Dull hairs allow the light to pass, and it makes the scalp more visible.
- The curls and waves of your hair better conceal your scalp, and give an impression of fuller head. But beware, not to damage your hair in the process of curling.
Fibers are a quick way to conceal balding areas. This is a temporary solution to a permanent problem. Although, manufacturers claim that their product is a 30 second solution, it may take a while for you to be an expert, and conceal the problem within 30 second.
One other problem about fibers is that they need some hair to stick. If you have some hair on your scalp, this method can work well. But this method may not work on a completely bald scalp.
4. Spray-on hair
This was a ridiculous idea in the past, but now the new generation of colored sprays is quite good at its job.
This is indeed a quick method. It works by coloring your scalp to match your hair color, and effectively produces the illusion of a fuller head. This is also a temporary method, and you have to make it a part of your daily grooming routine.
5. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a relatively permanent solution. A good transplant lasts many years, and you don’t need to waste time on a daily basis to conceal your baldness. You just need to make sure that you are a good candidate for a hair transplant. New methods of hair extraction have made almost anyone, a good candidate for a hair transplant.
You also need to find a good surgeon for your hair transplant. A bad hair transplant can ruin your existing hair, so you may end up with less hair than what you’ve started with.
Cost is another matter of concern. Although, the initial cost of hair replacement solution like wigs and concealers is low, the accumulated cost over the years is likely to surpass the cost of a hair transplant. It is estimated that the cost of a hair transplant in Dubai is equal to buying and maintaining a wig for five years. This estimation is true, not only in Dubai but also in the other parts of the world.
So there are a lot of choices available to defeat your hair loss problem.You just have to select one according to your preferences. If one fails, there’s always another to try.