Has your dentist ever instructed you to get a root canal treatment? Well, you shouldn’t be worried as you are not alone. A number of people get root canal treatment to save their teeth. Root canal procedure is normally suggested when an infected tooth can be treated and saved from extraction.
This article explains the major causes of the root canal and discusses the possible treatments that you can get to make your oral health better.
Causes Of Root Canal
- Decay: Tooth decay is the main cause of the root canal. Sometimes, a cavity or bacteria can enter your nerve or pulp chamber and causes severe infection. If you want to get rid of pain and save your teeth, then you need a root canal from the best dentist.
- Trauma: It is another cause of the root canal. In this situation, your tooth breaks or cracks as a result of a traumatic incident. The damaged nerve is required to be removed to save your tooth.
- Infection: An infected tooth that cannot be treated by other treatments.
- Past Dental Issues: Any gum disease, pain, swelling, or any dental filling in the past can be the reason for the root canal.
So, if you have experienced any of the above tooth diseases, then you need to consult a dental surgeon.
There are a significant number of procedures to get rid of tooth problems but 3 main treatments are popular among people. They are discussed as follows:
Ice pack: Ice is the most useful way to get relief from discomfort and calms your swollen nerves. In severe teeth pain, you have to apply an ice pack and reduce the pain.
Salt: It is another natural treatment for fungal, bacterial, and viral infections. In case of pain, you can rinse the affected part with warm saltwater.
Tea tree oil: It is very helpful for reducing pain in your teeth. You have to add 2 to 3 drops of the oil to one cup of warm water. Rinse the mouth thoroughly for 1 to 2 minutes and then spill it out.
There are lots of medicines that help you with pain relief. But sometimes, these medicines can provide you with just temporary relief.
Surgical Treatment Or Root Canal
This is the most famous treatment all over the world because it is painless and completely safe. It saves and repairs the badly infected tooth. Some people think that this is a painful procedure. But they are totally wrong.
Root Canal Procedure
Before performing the root canal procedure, the dentist will first inspect the tooth situation with the help of an X-Ray. After this, your dentist will suggest the best treatment for your problem.
The root canal procedure involves the following steps.
- Step 1: Give local Anesthesia
- Step 2: Insertion of a Dental Dam
- Step 3: Make a hole
- Step 4: Elimination of Dead Pulp or nerve
- Step 5: Sterilization of Canals
- Step 6: Shaping and Filling of Root Canals
- Step 7: Filling of the Remaining Hole
- Step 8: Recommendation of Antibiotic
- Step 9: Place Tooth Crown
If you want to get rid of your severe toothache permanently then you should get root canal treatment from our board-certified dentists. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, you can get this treatment without any pain or discomfort. It is a safe procedure and comes with long-lasting and effective results. However, consultation with an expert is necessary before deciding anything. For this purpose, you can fill in the form given below and get an initial consultation with our dentists.