- Take care of your teeth. By that we mean seriously taking your dentist’s advice to heart and brushing your pearly whites twice a day or thrice depending on your eating habits, flossing thoroughly before bed, and finally changing your toothbrush at least every three months. As easy as that!
- Have regular dental checkups in Dubai. You can do this for cleaning purposes, and general examinations of your teeth. Not only will this stop any future infections or teeth decays, the dentist can help in stopping one in its tracks before you have sleepless nights due to toothache.
- Stop chewing rock-hard foods or substances. Not only will this send you back for more root canals, it will destroy the newly treated canal. These substances can include ice cubes, breaking nutshells with your teeth, opening bottles caps with your teeth and so on.
What to expect after a tooth canalI know the first thing I would expect after having a root canal in Dubai will be no more tooth ache. Other than this relief, here is what else you should expect.
- During the first couple of days after having a tooth canal treatment in Dubai, you are very likely to experience tooth sensitivity due to the pain that you were experiencing before having the procedure.
- If you have not had your permanent dental filling after the treatment, you are expected to not chew using the newly-made tooth. This will help stop any infection in the tooth as well as prevent any breakage since the tooth will still be fragile until the permanent filler has been put in place.
- If you still have any mild pain or discomfort, you can use over-the-counter pain medication like ibuprofen.
- You will be expected to follow your dentist’s advice to the letter and keep your appointments.