The demand for aesthetic dentistry is on the rise. It is observed that the root canal is one of the most opted treatments in the field of dentistry. The reason is, people don’t want to lose their teeth and use a root canal to preserve them. But the majority of the patients do not know the details of the treatment. They have several questions in their mind like how is a root canal performed, how long does it take to recover or is it painful?
Therefore, we have decided to discuss these aspects in today’s blog post.
Read on to get the answers to your questions regarding root canal procedure and recovery!
Procedure Of Root Canal
Before knowing the procedure, it is essential for you to know that you should select an expert and board-certified dental surgeon for your treatment. Only an expert surgeon can provide you outstanding results by performing the procedure professionally. The following are the steps that make the procedure complete.
Have a look!
- First of all, the local anesthesia is administered in order to numb the targeted area.
- After that, a dental dam is placed to prepare the place.
- In the next step, the dental surgeon drills a hole in the targeted tooth.
- After that, the dead pulp is removed.
- Then, the disinfection of the canals is performed.
- After that, the canals are shaped. The shaping of canals is important and it really matters. So, this step must be performed with full care.
- Root canals are then filled.
- After that, the filling of the remaining hole is performed.
- Then, you need to get the antibiotic as prescribed by the surgeon.
- In the end, the tooth top filling is done to keep the treated tooth safe.
How Much Time Is Required To Recover?
A short time period is required to recover from this procedure. Some of the dentists say that this procedure is painless but this isn’t a fact. You may experience pain for a couple of days. However, it is manageable through prescribed medicines. Furthermore, the recovery time can be shorter if you follow the instructions of your doctor accurately. You cannot touch your tooth after the procedure as it will be painful for you. Also, you cannot eat from that side for a couple of days. After that, it will be managed.
What About Results?
It is essential to know the outcomes of the root canal. When it comes to the results, the procedure is very effective. Root canal can be successfully done by selecting your surgeon carefully. It is always recommended to consult with your dentist before getting the treatment. In the initial consultation, you can clear your queries regarding the treatment and also get an idea regarding the expertise of your dentist. Always look for a board-certified dentist. When you get the treatment from a professional doctor, you will get long-lasting results. Also, the root canal recovery time will be less.
Here, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery®, you can consult with our dentists by filling the following form and one of our staff members will get back to you as soon as possible to book your appointment. So, what are you waiting for when you have such an amazing opportunity? Go ahead, fill the form, and book your consultation now!