A healthy, natural, and bright smile is everyone’s dream. If you have irregular gums, you can lose your confidence while smiling. You will feel concerned about your bad breath while talking to other people. So, you need to improve your gums. People generally think of veneers, teeth whitening, and other cosmetic procedures when it comes to boosting and improving a smile. With the passage of time, science has come up with some modern techniques and technologies. Gum contouring procedure is one of them because it transforms your smile greatly.
What Is Gum Contouring?
It is a cosmetic dental procedure that provides a new shape and correct position to your rough gums. In other words, you can say, the technique helps you to get rid of a “gummy smile”.
Before moving towards benefits and side-effects, you should know how the procedure is performed. Gum contouring is the latest procedure that is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist. With the introduction of this painless laser procedure, getting contoured gums has become easy. The technique has no downtime and causes no bleeding throughout the process.
The procedure begins with numbing the gums through local anesthesia as it saves you from any discomfort. The trained dentist then uses a specific laser to cut extra gum. After this, the dentist completes the procedure by contouring and closing your gums. This act saves you from bacterial infections and extensive bleeding.
- Removing the excess gum tissue from your teeth will help to stop tooth decay. This is one of the stress-free ways to remove excess gum tissues and get a brighter smile that boosts your self-confidence.
- If you want to get the most even gum line then opt for gum contouring procedure. It remakes your gums and gives you a shiny smile.
- It is more comfortable for those who have a full-time job because it can be done in just one visit. It is a quick and easy process that takes a few days to recover.
- If you don’t want to repeat the procedure of gum reshaping in the future then you should get this permanent laser procedure. It will remove the gum tissues permanently and they will not grow back.
- It gives a faster healing time to the patients.
There are a few side effects which people might experience after getting gum contouring treatment. These side effects may include;
- Relapse of gum tissues
- Rare allergic reaction because of the anesthesia
Gum contouring procedure helps to reduce the embarrassment that you might feel with a gummy smile. It is a perfect choice to get rid of all the irritation and pain. You may feel swelling or bruising in the gums but these conditions are minor and subside quickly. The results of this procedure enhance self-confidence, boost self-esteem, and improve your mental health. However, you should choose your dentist carefully to enjoy the beneficial results. If you are looking to get gum contouring treatment, visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® today. We offer an initial consultation to our patients and provide satisfactory results.