You may be wondering that why board certification is so important that you are always recommended to go to a board certified plastic surgeon for any surgical cosmetic treatment. It is a patient’s right to ask the surgeon about his certifications because it ensures the safety of a patient. The certification shows the experience of the plastic surgeon.
Who is a Board-Certified Surgeon?
A board-certified surgeon is a plastic surgeon who has completed a surgical training of at least 5 years after completing medical school including a plastic surgery residency program. He/she has passed a critical evaluation test conducted by the American board of surgery. The test includes a written and a two-day oral examination.
Board certification is not an easy process which is why not every surgeon is certified. It involves comprehensive study, training program and critical examination system.
How a Board-Certified Surgeon differs from a Plastic Surgeon?
A board certified plastic surgeons represents the highest standard of the cosmetic specialty. A certified surgeon is obviously more competent than the inexperienced ones.
- A board certified plastic surgeon has been additionally trained for a minimum of 5 years and tested for his/her knowledge and practical experience.
- They have extensive experience in surgical procedures including face and entire body.
- A board certified plastic surgeon can prevent and tackle emergency situations during the surgery because of the extended study in anatomy and physiology.
- A plastic surgeon certified by the American board of surgery has developed both technical skills and aesthetic judgment that helps in bringing the best cosmetic results.
- A board certified surgeon has extended knowledge and practical experience of ensuring patient’s safety during the surgery.
- A board-certified surgeon mitigates the potential risks during or after the surgery.
Any licensed physician is permitted to call himself/herself a cosmetic or plastic surgeon irrespective of the surgical training he has attended or not. There are many physicians who have labeled themselves as a cosmetic or plastic surgeon, which is why it is emphasized that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon. Inexperienced and incompetent physicians are the reason for many of the plastic surgery disasters and patient dissatisfaction. If the surgery is performed by an experienced plastic surgeon, it will reduce the risk of any mis-managements during the surgery.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery has a team of board certified plastic and cosmetic surgeons in Dubai & Abu Dhabi who specialize in specific cosmetic treatments. If you are looking for certified surgeon, Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is your way to go. Submit the consultation form after filling in the required information.