Vaser liposuction is a comparatively less invasive procedure as compared to traditional liposuction. It is not a weight loss solution but a body sculpting treatment by removing excess fat deposits that do not give a response to restricted diet and workout. It uses ultrasonic technology to dislodge the fat layers without any collateral damage. It has become a popular treatment throughout the world because of easier procedure and recovery.
Who Can Opt for Vaser Liposuction?
Vaser Liposuction is a fat removal and body reshaping treatment, so anybody who wants to improve the contours of the body can consider VASER liposuction. Although, you must share your medical history, any allergies and your expectations from the procedure so that your doctor can determine well your eligibility for the treatment and design the best-suited treatment plan for you. Ask all the questions or raise concerns that you have related to the treatment so you and your doctor are on the same page about your aesthetic goals. However, here is a short checklist that needs to be checked before the surgery;
- You are around your average weight but not obese
- You have fat deposits that don’t disappear with the help of restricted diet and workout
- You don’t suffer from any serious medical conditions that may hinder the healing process.
- Your doctor is likely to perform few medical tests to examine your health condition
- You don’t smoke or you will have to stop alcohol and nicotine consumption at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery because it can interfere with the healing process.
- You keep realistic expectations from the treatment
VASER liposuction procedure can take 1 to 2 hours to be completed depending on the size of treatment area. At first, an anesthetic saline solution will be injected into the fat layer of the treatment area. Then, ultrasound waves emitting probe will be inserted into the body to dislodge the fat easily. After the fat tissues are broken, a cannula would be inserted through a tiny incision that sucks out the emulsified fat from the body. Massage and ultrasound waves would help in improving the contours of the treatment area.
How to Prepare for Vaser Liposuction?
In an initial consultation, your plastic surgeon would discuss all the details of the procedure with you. You will be given a comprehensive list of instructions to follow to make the process and recovery easy. Following are the commonly given instructions to our clients;
- You will be asked to stop taking blood-thinning medications to avoid bleeding during or after the procedure
- You will have to stop smoking two weeks before the procedure to make the recovery smooth and comfortable
- Stop alcohol consumption for a fast healing process
- Take an anti-bacterial shower to reduce any potential risk of infections
What to Expect?
Results of VASER liposuction are immediate and permanent. Downtime is shorter and the recovery period is easy and comfortable as compared to other traditional body sculpting treatments. You are likely to experience swelling, bruising and redness immediately after the procedure is completed. Complete results will be visible when the swelling is gone which will take 3 to 4 days. You will be given a compression garment that helps to control swelling.
Benefits of VASER Liposuction
- Results are immediate and natural looking
- It is a less invasive procedure than traditional liposuction
- It improves the definition and contours of body
- Shorter downtime and easy recovery process
- It can be performed with other procedures
The Importance of Your Surgeon’s Expertise?
You must ask about the qualifications and experience of the plastic surgeon before choosing one to perform liposuction on you because the success of the treatment is largely dependent on the expertise of your surgeon. Vaser liposuction is a safe procedure only if an expert is performing the procedure. An inexperienced surgeon may make you vulnerable to following risks.
- Scar formation
- Sagging skin
- Discoloration on treated skin
- Uneven texture of the skin
Research well before finalizing your treatment, so you are confident about the results and after-effects. Fill in the form to book a consultation with one of our body contouring experts to know more about Vaser Liposuction.