These days there is no such person who is not regular with proper diet and exercise routine but it is also the fact that they can’t address the small pockets of localized fat on certain areas of the body. These fat deposits can’t be removed even through weight loss programs. The most common area that gets deposition of fat is the abdomen area though various other areas of body can also get fat. Everybody who gets fat on localized areas of body wants to get rid of it because it greatly affects your appearance. Fortunately cosmetic surgery offers various procedures for removal of these fat deposits. These procedures vary depending on various factors like the techniques used, amount of fat removed and the areas to be treated. Here we will discuss about the two most important procedures that are liposuction and tummy tuck.
- Tummy tuck is the procedure that is suitable only for the tummy area.
- Tummy tuck can also address the sagginess in the tummy area along with removal of excess fat tissues.
- There is no limit to the fat to be reduced during this procedure and hence large amounts of fat can be removed through it.
- Tummy tuck is a surgical and invasive procedure and this is the reason that it requires more time for recovery.
- Tummy tuck surgery no doubt gives more beneficial results but it involves more incisions that result in scars.
- Liposuction can be performed on various areas of the body and abdomen is not the exception; other areas include upper arms, breasts, thighs, hips, calves and ankles. Even small areas like neck and chin can also be treated.
- Liposuction is only suitable for removal of fat in the abdomen and it can’t remove the sagginess.
- As the main purpose behind the procedure of liposuction is to give a shape or contour or shape to the body, therefore limited amount of fat can be removed.
- Liposuction is also an invasive procedure but it requires less time for recovery as compared to tummy tuck.
- Liposuction also gives beneficial and smooth results and the incisions made in the procedure are also small that leave nearly invisible scars behind.