Lip augmentation has become one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedures all over the world. It is because fuller lips make your smile attractive and enhance your entire facial appearance. This is the reason that many women are opting for lip fillers to improve the definition and volume of their lips. However, sometimes your lips give an overdone or unnatural look. Like a trout pout which is an example of overdone lip augmentation.
Tips to Avoid Overdone Lip Augmentation
So, if you want to have natural-looking results from lip augmentation, follow some important tips that are discussed below.
Seek an Experienced Practitioner
The success of any cosmetic procedure is directly related to the expertise of the surgeon or practitioner performing it. Lip augmentation using injectable fillers is considered a simple and easy procedure but in fact, it is a technical procedure. Only an experienced practitioner can determine the right quantity and sight for injecting fillers. Otherwise, you may get unnatural results.
Know Your Options
Various options are available for enhancing lips. So, you should know about the pros and cons of every option which will help you in selecting the most appropriate one for yourself. Every patient has his or her own goals, requirements and expectations. So, it is important to go for the option that is most suitable for you. Several types of lip fillers are available in the market. Collagen has been in use for a long period of time but hyaluronic acid-based fillers are considered more beneficial and give natural-looking results.
Believe That Less is More
For successful results of lip enhancement, believe that less is more. One good rule that you need to remember while enhancing your lips is not to overdo them. You can have a follow-up appointment to add more volume if required. Reversing the lip injections may also be sometimes possible but it involves complications and is costly.
Below given are some other important tips that can provide you natural-looking results after lip augmentation treatment.
- Improving the definition of lips is an art, so the person injecting fillers in your lips must have a sense of balance, aesthetics, and symmetry.
- All the lips are not the same and the aesthetic goals of everyone are also not the same, so one should not follow the standard recipe for enhancing lips.
- Success is there in natural-looking results, so, get your lips enlarged enough to restore shape and fullness.
- The upper lip should always be about 70 percent the size of the lower lip because the larger upper lip looks unnatural.
- Only the middle of lip – 2/3 of lip – should be injected for a natural appearance.
- Avoid such fillers that cause lumps and bumps in the lips.
- If you are considering fat transfer for improving your lips, have the right amount of fat.
- Avoid having permanent fillers for natural-looking results.
The Bottom Line
Lip augmentation apparently seems to be a very simple procedure but in reality, it requires attention to detail and expertise. A slight mistake can make your lips look bad and unappealing. Therefore, following the above-mentioned tips is very important for you and your surgeon. Choosing an experienced surgeon will help you avoid overdone and unnatural look. So, if you are ready to have lip augmentation visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® today. You can schedule a free consultation with our cosmetic surgeons by filling in the consultation form given on our website. You can also have a free online consultation.