Tummy tuck is a surgical procedure which removes the excess fat, trims the loose and sagging skin and tightens the abdominal muscles.
Who Should Not Consider a Tummy Tuck?
If you are suffering from any serious medical condition, you may not qualify for a tummy tuck treatment. You should delay the surgery if you are pregnant. If you have excessive fat deposits but minimal skin, you are not an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck surgery. You can opt for liposuction for fat removal.
Tummy tuck requires a downtime so if you can’t take off from work for more than two weeks, you should understand that this surgery is not for you.
How to Prepare for Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Your surgeon is going to give you a comprehensive list of instructions to follow in an initial consultation which helps in making the surgery and after time easy and comfortable. Common instructions communicated to almost every patient are;
- You will have to follow a healthy diet regimen. Your surgeon may prescribe particular foods to incorporate into your diet plan.
- You will have to stop smoking at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery as it can delay the healing process.
- Stop alcohol consumption at least a week before the treatment.
- You are healthy, your surgeon will ask for some lab tests.
Complete abdominoplasty is performed to remove excess fat and skin, tightens the skin and muscles improving the whole contour of the tummy.
Partial or Mini Abdominoplasty
Partial or mini abdominoplasty treats a partial area of the abdomen that has loose skin or excess fat. Usually, it is performed on the lower tummy area. It tightens the skin in the limited area but muscles are tightened and excess fat is removed.
Who Are the Best Candidates For a Tummy Tuck?
Your abdominal skin, fat, and muscles are the factors what help in determining your candidacy for the surgery. However, you can opt for a tummy tuck in Dubai, if;
- You are in good health; not suffering from any serious disease
- You do not smoke
- You have loose and sagging abdominal skin
- You have stretch marks on your abdomen
- Your tummy has excess fat that does not go away with restricted diet and exercise
Read about tummy tuck on the internet or it’s better to discuss things with a plastic surgeon. Choose a most reputable tummy tuck surgeon in the town so you are confident about the procedure and the results.