Neck LiposuctionMost of the patients undergoing neck liposuction are relatively young but carry hereditary deposits of fat in the neck region to down under the jaw which transforms their aesthetic appearances to that of being heavier than they actually are. Trimming down a full neck and jawline in people with good skin tone and elasticity provides the best results. By retaining healthy skin retraction a potential patient can become an excellent candidate for contouring even with liposuction alone. Because of the reason that the patient demographic lies for neck liposuction lies within the 20-50 years age range. Normally younger patients have healthier skin elasticity and tone which is ideal for a liposuction procedure since it results in smooth skin retraction after surgery.
Neck Lift SurgeryIf you are among the many middle aged and above patients and feel uncomfortable with the saggy skin around the neck and jaw then a neck lift & neck liposuction surgery is the safest solution. Most readers would be familiar with the term Cervicoplasty used in association with face lift or neck lift procedures. It is the procedure where doctors release the skin from the underlying muscular tissue and tighten/excise excess skin. Platysmaplasty is the second technique performed in a face lift/neck lift where loose neck and facial muscles are tightened through discrete incisions made behind the ears and under the chin. The result of this combined effort and precise evaluation of the surgeon’s judgment is a smoother, younger and better defined appearance to the neck suiting any patient’s aesthetic goals.
How it is doneEssentially the neck lift and neck liposuction procedure would take from an hour to a couple of hours hence is conducted as an outpatient procedure through general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Your cosmetic surgeon will make a small incision behind each ear, and depending on your needs may also make a third small incision underneath the chin. Through these incisions, he or she will tighten the neck muscles and/or underlying tissues and remove excess, sagging skin to restore a smoother, firmer, and more youthful appearance to the neck. Neck liposuction is now efficiently carried out with minimal downtime or operating time. Needing only local anesthesia, the patient is conscious throughout the procedure and which becomes useful in communication of aesthetic goals in real time. Only 1 or 2 miniscule incisions under the chin or behind the ears will be needed to insert a thin cannula tube in to the sub-dermal layer that is then manipulated by hand to remove excess fat by suction pump. It is a vital tool used for natural contouring to the neck and chin. A neck lift works in remarkable ways to rejuvenate your physical appearance and how your (genetic) ageing signs are treated simply by reducing fullness, sagging and strengthening the underlying muscular layer.
CandidacyIdeal candidates are:
- People who are genetically predisposed to have fat deposits in the inner section of the neck; below the chin and jawline.
- People who have sagging skin below their chin.
- People who have Saggy folds of fat and skin below the chin.
- People who are physically and mentally stable with realistic expectations from surgery.
- Procedure is conducted as an outpatient treatment under anesthesia and/or sedation. Pre-operative consultations are very useful in increasing chances for better results.
- Neck lift & neck liposuction require incisions below the chin, jawline and/or ear. Extent of incisions may vary between patients.
- Based on each patient’s individual needs contouring is performed through fat suctioning, tightening of muscles and excision of skin where necessary.
- Results are permanent.
- Support garments are provided for patients along with prescriptions and advice to recover safely and quickly.
- Dressing consists of chin and neck wraps and elastic slings or clinical hose.
- Mild pain after surgery is controlled for a week after medication after which it naturally subsides.
- Redness and swelling goes down in an estimated two weeks after neck lift & neck liposuction.
- Final results may be apparent in 2-4 months.