Whenever someone talks about having a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty procedure, most people think that the recipient would be a woman. Abdominoplasty is for women only! If you think so, think again because it is not true. Although most abdominoplasty candidates are ladies, it is equally beneficial for men as well. More and more men are opting for a tummy tuck to flatten and tighten their midsection.
In this article, we will discuss how men can benefit from this procedure.
What is Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty is the surgical procedure that involves removing excess fat and skin from the abdominal area to improve the contours of the mid-section. It also involves tightening muscles and sometimes the creation of a new navel. Tummy tuck surgery is an ideal option for you if you have worked hard to lose a significant amount of weight and face difficulty tightening the abdominal area despite regular exercise and diet.
Difference between Tummy Tuck Surgery for Men and Women
The procedure is very similar to one performed on women. The difference lies in the texture of the skin, muscles, and tissues. Men have tougher skin than that of ladies. Furthermore, tissues and muscles are also more fibrous in the former. Other than the above-mentioned differences, the procedural steps are the same for both men and women.
Versions of Tummy Tuck for Men
Just like women, abdominoplasty for men also has three versions that every man should know. These variations include:
- Traditional Tummy Tuck: This surgery is performed on both the upper and lower abdomen. During this procedure, a long hip to hip, horizontal incision is made. Excess skin and fat are removed, and upper and lower abdominal muscles are tightened. It also involves the creation of a new navel.
- Mini or Partial Tummy Tuck: It involves making comparatively smaller incisions and addressing the area below the navel only. It is suitable for those men who require minor improvements in their mid-section and who don’t want to undergo more aggressive procedures.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: It involves operating both the abdominal area as well as the patient’s backside. This procedure is an ideal option for men who have lost a significant amount of weight. When it comes to tummy tuck cost, an extended tummy tuck is more expensive than a traditional tummy tuck.
Reasons for Having Tummy Tuck surgery
Men can undergo abdominoplasty for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons include:
- To get rid of sagging skin around the abdomen
- To create better contours of mid-section by eliminating protruding tummy
- To restore the tone of abdominal muscles that have stretched due to aging or because of excessive weight loss
- To get rid of small pockets of fat that are unresponsive to diet and exercise
Hence, it is proved that tummy tuck is not for women only, and men can also benefit from it. If you also want a more toned and flatter stomach, and wish to be more confident, book a free consultation with our cosmetic surgeons and get expert advice. You can also visit our clinic or book an online appointment by filling the consultation form given below. So, what are you waiting for? Schedule your initial consultation now.