Full breasts look beautiful but only on a woman’s body. But sometimes, men also have enlarged breasts because of some reasons. Male breast reduction is an effective option for such men. It is the cosmetic surgery procedure in which excess fat tissues in the male breasts are removed to reduce their size. Every male with enlarged breasts is not a good candidate for the surgery. Here we will discuss how you can come to know you really need male breast reduction surgery and what the surgery involves.
Millions of men and boys have enlarged breasts in teenage but in most of the cases, it does not have to be permanent condition. However, there are some cases in which men,s breast remain enlarged even after puberty and the number of such cases is increasing. Male breast enlargement actually starts in puberty when changes in hormone levels occur. Mostly, breast size becomes normal when hormone levels settle down. Male breasts may enlarge in adulthood when men gain weight or tend to lose testosterone. Extra weight becomes the reason of fatty tissues in the breasts while lower levels of testosterone cause enlargement of glands in breasts. Certain medical conditions and use of drugs may also cause male breast enlargement.
In many cases, treating that condition which causes breast enlargement or stopping offending medication and switching to another helps reduce the size of breasts. However, if these methods do not help, breast reduction surgery is the option. The treatment depends on the cause and in many cases, the exact cause isn’t clear. So, it is important to consult an experienced plastic surgeon because only he can determine whether you need breast reduction surgery or not. However below given are some common characteristics of ideal candidates of male reduction surgery.
- Your condition can’t be treated through any other treatment.
- You are physically and psychologically healthy.
- Your weight is normal and stable.
- Your breast development has stabilized. This is the reason that practitioners recommend having surgery after puberty because in most of the cases, the problem resolves on its own.
- Your oversized breasts become the reason of your physical discomfort.
- Fat in your breasts is unresponsive to even proper diet and exercise regimen.
- You are having large breasts for more than a year.
- Your skin is elastic because elastic skin ensures achievement of better results.
- You have realistic expectations with the results of surgery and you are emotionally stable.
- You have good general health and you are not suffering from any life-threatening medical condition.
In short, male breast reduction surgery is an effective and beneficial procedure for many men to get rid of enlarged breasts. However, not every man with large breasts is suitable candidate for surgery. If you think you need having the procedure, don’t delay booking an appointment for free consultation with plastic surgeons at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery.