Tattooing is no doubt considered the craze in young generation but it is also the fact that most of 50% of people who get tattoos on their body want to get rid of these designs. There is good news for those who want to get rid of unwanted designs on their bodies in the form of tattoos. New laser tattoo removal techniques are highly beneficial and effective for elimination of tattoos with minimal side effects. There were a number of methods that were in use for removal of tattoos in the past but they were either painful or did not give successful results but laser tattoo removal is the only best way to remove tattoos.
Laser tattoo removal uses laser to break down the pigments of tattoos and eliminates the tattoo completely. This procedure is suitable for any type and color of tattoo. Patients with previously removed tattoos may also be the candidates for the procedure of laser tattoo removal. No doubt laser tattoo removal is a beneficial procedure but you need to make sure that you have selected a reputable and highly experienced dermatologist or laser specialist for the treatment.
The number of treatment sessions required for tattoo removal varies from patient to patient depending on the size and color of the tattoo. Your tattoo may require two to four sessions only or sometimes it may take about 10 sessions for clearer results. There are various types of lasers for tattoo removal and the variation from patient to patient depends on the age, size and type of tattoo. The type of the skin and depth of pigments of tattoo also affect the removal technique and results.
The procedure for tattoo removal is quite a short and easy procedure. Laser energy is introduced to the area of skin having tattoo with a hand piece. The laser targets the pigments of the tattoo and eliminates them by breaking them down. Smaller and darker tattoos require less sessions because dark colors are better responsive to laser energy as compared to light colors. As the result of every successive session tattoo becomes lighter till it is eliminated completely. The only discomfort felt during the procedure is same as the snapping of rubber band on the skin.
Side effects of laser tattoo removal:
If we talk about the side effects or risks associated with laser tattoo removal, it does not cause any serious risks or complications if performed correctly and properly. However, it does cause certain minimal side effects that are common and temporary. Some of them are as follows.
- Redness, swelling and bruising are the side effects that are common and temporary.
- If your skin is allergic to laser, the treatment can leave permanent scarring behind but it is not common.
- In some cases, the treatment can also cause hypo pigmentation or hyper pigmentation.
- In case of cosmetic tattoos like eyeliner, lip liner and eyebrows, the treatment area may darken requiring further treatments.
Benefits of laser tattoo removal:
If we consider the benefits of laser tattoo removal, it is considered the most beneficial treatment for tattoo removal as compared to any other tattoo removal method. Some of its benefits are given below.
- It removes the tattoo completely and provides you with clear skin.
- It is virtually painless procedure unlike other tattoo removal methods like salabrasion, excision and Dermabrasion.
- The procedure is effective for any type and color of pigment.
- This treatment is safe and does not cause any serious complications if you have selected an experienced dermatologist or laser specialist.
In short, laser tattoo removal is the most effective and safe method to get rid of unwanted tattoos on the skin.