Liposuction and tummy tuck surgery are quite popular body contouring cosmetic surgery procedures. There are a lot of people who have excess fat on various areas of body and the most commonly affected area is the abdomen. Furthermore, women who go through pregnancy also get fat accumulated on tummy area. Liposuction and tummy tuck surgery both the procedures are effective options for removal of this abdominal fat tissues and get the flattened and contoured tummy back. But for most of the people, it becomes difficult to decide which option is better for them. Here we will discuss some important things that will make selecting most appropriate option easy for you though you still need recommendations of highly experienced plastic surgeon.
- The most important thing to know about any procedure is the aims of that procedure. No doubt both the procedures can improve the appearance of your abdomen but it is important to know that liposuction only removes the excess fat without removing sagginess. On the other hand, in tummy tuck surgeon not only removes the excess fat but also removes the excess skin and tightens the abdominal muscles. So, tummy tuck surgery is better option for you if you have sagging abdomen and you can go for liposuction if you need minor improvement.
- Another important thing to know about is the degree of invasiveness or discomfort. Liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia while tummy tuck surgery is performed under general anesthesia. The former option is less invasive as compared to later one.
- Most of the people are also concerned about the scarring caused by surgery. Liposuction requires small incisions but tummy tuck surgery requires comparatively large incisions. Therefore, the former procedure causes small nearly invisible scars while the later one causes long visible scars. However, they are made in such sites that they are hidden underneath clothing.
- If we talk about the recovery period, recovery after liposuction is quick as compared to tummy tuck surgery. This is because liposuction is less invasive.
- The most important thing associated with any cosmetic surgery procedure is its results. When it comes to the liposuction and tummy tuck surgery, the outcomes vary depending on the degree of changes made. However, the results of tummy tuck are better for most of the patients because this procedure also tightens the skin removing the sagginess besides removing excess fat. Liposuction perfect option for those people who only want to get rid of excess fat accumulated on their abdominal area.
In short, both tummy tuck and liposuction have their own pros and cons and which option is better for you depends on your requirements and expectations.
Please follow and like us: