Also known as blepharoplasty, eyelid surgery is used to correct droopy eyelids. The procedure works by either tightening or removing loose skin or excess fat from the eyelids to give the person a more youthful look.
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery clinic, our board certified plastic surgeons perform eyelid surgery on either the upper or the lower eyelids, for a number of reasons including:
- Making the person appear more alert
- Correcting his/her vision due to the drooping skin
- Giving one an extra youthful appearance
- Getting rid of excess puffiness caused by fatty deposits under the eyes
- Tightening the skin around the eyes to eliminate any wrinkles or folds
Before having a blepharoplasty in Dubai, one has to determine if he/she is the right candidate for this procedure. For you to qualify as a candidate, you should have at least:
- A good health record
- Healthy eyes without any serious conditions that might be affected by the surgery
- No serious pre-existing conditions or illnesses
- Eighteen years of age so as to be able to give consent for the procedure. Although most people wait until they are much older to have this procedure, if your droopy eyelids are as a result of genetics, then you should consider having the procedure earlier in life.
- In good mental health and a positive outlook towards life
- Realistic expectations
After the plastic surgeon has determined that you are a candidate for blepharoplasty in Dubai, it is time to set a date for the procedure. The surgeon will give you ample time to prepare yourself. For instance, if you are a smoker or drink alcohol, then you have to stop doing the same in the days leading up to your surgery.
Aspirin, ibuprofen as well as vitamin B Supplements should not be consumed due to their ability to prolong bleeding on an open wound. But to be on a safer side, converse with your doctor on all the dos and don’ts before you have the eyelid surgery in Dubai.
The eyelid surgery in Dubai is mostly a minimally invasive procedure. The Dubai Cosmetic Surgery surgeon will use either general or local anaesthesia (confirm with your doctor) depending on how severe your eyelids have drooped or if you are having a combination of other cosmetic procedures with the eyelift.
The duration of the surgery also depends on the severity of the procedure, but that should not be an issue – no one should be marking time during any surgery.
After having an eyelid surgery in Dubai, there are things to be expected like swelling and bruising, which is always at its worst on the day after the procedure. During this time, you are required to take it easy and apply cold compresses on your eyelids for comfort and to reduce the swelling.
If the surgeon did not use self-absorbing stitches, you can have them removed within one week. During this time, your doctor will also prescribe pain relievers to make sure you are comfortable.
During the healing period, you are advised to not wear any make-up, and if you use any reading glasses, to be careful when putting them on.
10 to 14 days after blepharoplasty in Dubai, you might easily go back to your normal duties because all the redness, swelling and bruising would have drastically subsidized.
To know about the procedure and the cost of blepharoplasty in Dubai, call Dubai Cosmetic Surgery on +971 4 3485575 for a free consultation and find out if you are a candidate.