When we start aging, the first sign is the appearance of wrinkles on the face which makes us look older and tired. Most of us have probably used home remedies, anti-aging creams and even cosmetic procedures to diminish wrinkles. Sometimes they work and sometimes they do not work, while other times it takes years before you see any changes, which by then is too late.
In such circumstances, filler injections are effective as well as a quick remedy. By opting for filler injections you get a solution that makes you look almost half your age. But before you decide to get fillers, it is important to educate yourself a little bit about them.
Therefore, today we will discuss filler injections in detail that learn more about this treatment option.
What are they?
A filler injection is basically an injectable that uses natural or synthetic products to diminish wrinkles and restore the fullness and volume of the face. The following are benefits of these filters:
- Makes the appearance of scars minimal
- Boosts shallow parts of the skin
- Makes facial lines smoother
- Gives the lips a fuller look
How does it work?
Fillers are your go-to treatments if you have early signs of aging. If you combine this procedure with a facelift, the results become more dramatic. The procedure for injecting dermal fillers is very simple. Different types of fillers are available in the market and it is up to your dermatologist to choose the best one for your skin type.
The proper injection sites are then marked and suitable quantities of fillers are injected into the skin. Ointments and local anesthesia are also administered to make the patient comfortable. The duration of the procedure depends on the areas that require treatment; although it can be between 15 minutes to an hour.
Types of Fillers
There are various types of dermal fillers and each type is different from another serving a different purpose. Below are some common types of dermal fillers:
- Sculptra: This increases collagen, which is vital in keeping the dermis hydrated with zero wrinkles.
- Collagen: This is the most common dermal filler and it improves the texture and outline of the skin. Collagen is also known for its safe and positive results. This filler is also fairly priced compared to others and anesthesia is also not required when administering.
- Radiesse: These are fillers that have the same feel as a gel. They work similar to sculptra but in addition to raising the collagen levels, they improve the definition and outline of your face.
- Restylane: The most popular alternative to collagen fillers are Restylane fillers. They are used to eliminate wrinkles and folds on the skin.
Filler injections are the modern way of getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines. The fact that this treatment is non-invasive and quick, majority of people are turning towards it. However, you need to consult with an expert cosmetic surgeon to know which type of filler is suitable for your skin type. Consultation with an expert is necessary before opting for any procedure. For this purpose, you can visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® because we have been helping patients in their aesthetic goals since a decade. For an appointment, fill in the form given below and get a free consultation.