Now more than ever, men are becoming more concerned about their looks as they age and are turning to cosmetic surgery like facial rejuvenation. And to keep up with this new and increasing demand, the cosmetic surgery industry is also coming up with newer treatments, focused on the male gender.
Currently, men account for about 10 percent of total cosmetic surgery procedures, a figure which has increased by 66% in the last 14 years, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
There are a number of treatments, both invasive and non-invasive to choose from; and they are all tailor-made to suit the taste and comfort levels of each person; and by this we mean men.
Why men would consider facial rejuvenation
Most men do not put a lot of effort taking care of themselves like women do; for instance protecting their skin from the harmful rays of the sun. This leads to premature aging, wrinkle formation, sagging skin, droopy eyebrows, neck rolls, eye bags and hooded eyelids.
For self-conscious men, this is enough to send them to the cosmetic surgeon’s office, while for others maybe not. And since it is no longer a taboo to find men sitting at the reception of a cosmetic surgery clinic compared to a few years back, it makes it easier.
New trends for men
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery: These two procedures happen to be very common treatments for men nowadays. For those who have a dislike for eye bags and furrows under their eyes, lower eyelid surgery takes care of them while hooded eyelids are corrected through upper eyelid surgery. Since not all men would want to have an invasive procedure for upper and lower eyes, at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery clinic we have other less invasive options like Botox as well as dermal fillers, which chop off years from your looks.
- Neck and face lift: As men grow older, their skin starts to sag at the jowls and neck giving them a fuller lower face and an overweight appearance even when they are not. By having a neck lift (platysmaplasty) and face lift (Rhytidectomy), they end up looking younger with a more defined jawline and less fat on their face. Although these procedures are invasive, there are non-invasive ones like Ultherapy in Dubai, which is now available at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery. This newest procedure does not require any surgery, therefore no scarring and no downtime either. And it takes only one hour or less while the results last up to a year and half.
- Hair restoration: Hair loss in men is seen as an aging characteristic, but sometimes that is not the case. Men of all ages suffer different kinds of hair loss with the most common being balding. This leads to men having Hair Transplant, to give them a youthful look with a head full of hair. This can be done on the scalp as well as beard.
- Skin resurfacing: These procedures treat wrinkled and sun damaged skin, acne or superficial scars and some skin growths. There are several techniques that are used to achieve a smoother and younger looking skin including laser resurfacing, dermabrasion and chemical peels, also a staple Dubai Cosmetic Surgery.
- Chin augmentation: As much as most men yearn for a defining jawline, same goes for a defining chin since it is considered a sign of masculinity. Men who consider chin augmentation always have a small or recessed chin. The procedures include injection fillers and chin implants, which end up giving one a younger looking facing with harmonious face features.