A droopy and disproportionate physical appearance is always stigmatized in society, and people with overly-curvaceous figures have never been accepted by society as a whole. In such circumstances, the part of the body which astronomically gets affected is the face; because it is the first and the foremost notable feature of a human being.
Double chin is also one such facial feature that tarnishes the whole personality, and a person with double chin looks older and dull. It hides your jawline contours, shatters your confidence and causes you to have low self-esteem issues. The slackening skin and the fat on the chin continue to plateau, and a time comes when it becomes so stubborn that no topical product or any other intervention works out. It is the time when you should opt for cosmetic double chin liposuction, to restore your youthful and refreshing look.
Therefore, today, we will discuss the treatment in detail so that you can understand its significance in contouring your chin and its benefits for an improved aesthetic appearance.
What is Double Chin Liposuction?
Double chin liposuction is an invasive procedure that eradicates the double chin and rejuvenates the jawline. There can be various reasons for the double chin, and the most crucial is aging. As you age, your skin begins to lose its laxity and becomes wrinkled and baggy because of the direct exposure to the sun rays. Moreover, weight fluctuations or any injury on the chin can also be the root cause of double chin formation.
Let us have a look at double chin liposuction treatment and what exactly it entails.
During the procedure, the surgeon creates small incisions beneath your chin, and a cannula is inserted through them. The small cannula has a laser fiber attached to it. However, the cannula moves back and forth, and the fat tissues melt because of the heat energy produced by the laser beams. The molten fat and other unwanted residue are drained through the lymphatic system of the body. In the end, the incisions are closed with sutures before tightening the skin.
- The procedure uses local anesthesia to be carried out.
- It is carried on an outpatient basis, and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward.
- The procedure lasts for one to two hours, depending upon the condition of the candidate.
The double chin liposuction procedure has a minimal recovery time, which also depends on the surgical approach utilized by your doctor.
- It involves less invasiveness, and you don’t need to stick to your bed for a long time to get recovered.
- Pain and discomfort will be there with you until three days of the surgery.
- Because of bruising, the doctor is going to prescribe some medicines.
- You will have to rest for five days after the surgery. Stitches are removed on the fifth day.
You can never heal properly after the treatment if you do not follow the post-treatment instructions provided by the doctor. Some important aftercare instructions include;
- Wear a compression garment to settle down the swelling caused by chin liposuction.
- Do not move your neck because the skin gets tight due to swelling.
- Avoid smoking.
- Do not perform vigorous activities.
- You must start a light walk after four days of the operation, in order to keep the blood flowing.
- Follow the sleeping techniques guided by your doctor.
- Your doctor might advise applying an antibiotic ointment to the incision area.
- You should also avoid water on the face and chin for the initial few days.
Various benefits are enjoyed by the candidates for double chin liposuction surgery. These benefits include;
- It is a minimally invasive procedure.
- It has minimum side effects.
- It has a little downtime.
- It causes minimum scarring.
- It eradicates your double chin and enhances the appearance of your neck and jowls aesthetically.
- It boosts your self-confidence.
- It produces permanent results only if you maintain weight.
The Final Words
If your double chin is causing you a lot of distress and you feel like a misfit in this society, then double chin liposuction treatment is the only solution to your problem. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, you will find all the resources and top-notch facilities for chin liposuction. We have a team of specialized plastic surgeons who can help you in achieving your aesthetic goals. You can book your initial consultation free of cost to get started.