All adults past the age of 30 have one thing in common, they begin to have drooping facial features. Their skin begins to sag and droop as the muscles grow tired and weak. It happens gradually as time passes due to the environmental agents, sun damage and congenital afflictions. Therefore, at this point, people begin to think of ways to restore their facial volume through cheek implants, cheek fillers, and a complete facelift.
Some people are so lucky because they get to age gracefully and beautifully. On the other hand, some people are not that lucky. That is where facial fixtures such as cheek fillers and cheek implants come in. Let’s dive into the details and learn more about the cheek fillers and implants for a better comparison.
The need for cheek implants and cheek fillers
Cheek implants and cheek fillers are both designed to enhance the cheek bones and balance the facial features relegating the signs of aging. However, cheek implants are used to contour the face more drastically and reshape it but they have less impact on the wrinkles and fine lines. Cheek fillers, on the other hand, are often used along other injectables to smooth out wrinkles and add proportionality contour to the face.
Comparison Between Cheek Implants & Fillers
Here, we will compare both treatments to see how they differ from each other.
- Most fillers only reduce wrinkles or fine lines and add volume to the face. On the other hand, implants also do the same while restoring the facial contours too.
- It only takes a few minutes to administer fillers while it takes more time for implants’ insertion.
- When you opt for fillers you should know that they should be done at least once or twice a year as they last for a few months only. Cheek implants last relatively longer that is for years.
- There are cases where patients have become allergic after being administered cheek fillers but cheek implants are almost non-allergic.
- There are many unqualified quacks who administer fillers out there putting patients at a higher risk of infection whereas implants can only be inserted by a licensed, qualified and registered plastic surgeon.
- Fillers are cheaper on the onset but quite expensive in the long run as they have to be done once or twice a year. So, it becomes costly. On the other hand, cheek implants are expensive but once implanted they last for several years and you do not have to keep going back.
- In some rare cases getting cheek fillers can run the risk of getting skin necrosis while cheek implants come with minimal risks.
- The effects of fillers are visible for about 4-8 months and cant is reversed. However, if a patient gets cheek implants and is not happy with the results, he or she can have them removed at any time.
In short, both cheek implants and fillers are beneficial for facial rejuvenation in their own way. Fillers can be used if you want to remove wrinkles or fine lines and for volume restoration. However, implants can be used for the restoration of facial contours too. They have less impact on wrinkles. You can opt for implants or fillers according to your requirements and after consulting with an expert. Visit Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® if you want to get cheek implants or fillers and want to learn more about the treatments. You can also get a FREE consultation by filling the form given below.