Women gain quite a lot of weight during pregnancy and they are eager to lose it right after the child birth. It is now possible for women to get their pre-pregnancy body shortly after giving birth. A procedure called C-Tuck has made it easier for women to get rid of the weight gained during pregnancy. C-Tuck basically means undergoing both a caesarean delivery and tummy tuck at the same time. It means you wont have to undergo two separate surgeries and you will achieve both the goals with one-time anesthetic administration and a single recovery period. Therefore, c-tuck seems to be an ideal choice for pregnant women.
C-tuck is not a very common procedure but many women consider it a better and convenient idea to undergo both treatments at once. Let’s understand the procedure in detail.
How is a C-tuck Done?
C-tuck includes performing both the surgeries on the same day in the same timeframe. Firstly, a C-section is performed to deliver the baby. When a baby is born through a caesarean surgery, your plastic surgeon would be there to perform a tummy tuck procedure. The excess skin and fat are removed from the abdomen and stitches are made. It may take up to one or two hours.
What Makes C-tuck a Great Idea?
The benefits of a C-tuck include;
- You will undergo all the pain and discomfort at one time
- You will not have to deal with nervousness of a separate surgery
- You will get your pre-baby body back right after the delivery
- There will be one recovery period for both caesarean delivery and a tummy tuck
- You will have to take off from work for once
What Makes C-tuck a Scary Trend?
A C-tuck procedure is not very popular and some women consider it as a scary trend. Very few women have the courage to undergo C-tuck, here’s why;
- It can be more painful
- The recovery period will be lengthy and uncomfortable as compared to a tummy tuck
- It is recommended that you undergo a tummy tuck when your weight is stable
- The results of the C-tuck are not as effective as a simple tummy tuck. You might get disappointed by the results.
- There are a lot of changes that a woman goes through during pregnancy period which is why it is recommended that you delay a tummy tuck surgery for a few months after the delivery.
If you like the idea of getting both surgeries at once, you can book a free consultation with us by filling in the form given below. Our plastic surgeons will explain all the pros and cons to you of having tummy tuck right after the c-section delivery of baby. At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, we also offer 3D imaging facility that allows you to see the results before the procedure. Also, you can discuss the cost of the procedure in the consultation session. So, book your appointment now and get the expert advice of our highly qualified plastic surgeons.