It is always important to go to the best cosmetic surgeon in Dubai who has trained for the procedure you want to undergo. This will definitely save you from a botched cosmetic procedure, as well as money and even your life.
Look at it this way; would you go to an Orthopedic to fix your heart? Or go to a tailor to cut your hair just because he too has scissors? I am guessing the answer is no.
With more conviction, we have seen Hollywood celebrities with badly done cosmetic procedures. Now all you need to ask yourself is if Hollywood stars can get it wrong, how are we mere mortals supposed to get it right? Well, worry not because I have compiled a list of things to do and watch out for, if you want to avoid a sub-standard cosmetic procedure as well as save face at the same time, not to mention your life.
- Whenever you visit a cosmetic surgeon for the first time and he claims to have done certain procedures, insist on looking at some of his work. Request for a minimum of eight before & after photos of the procedure. That way, you will get to know if he/she can do the procedure or if it’s just lip service.
- After the photos, request for at least contacts of a few of his patients who have undergone the procedure you intend to have. By doing this, you will develop trust in his capabilities. And anyway, what better way to tell of something great than word of mouth?
- Do some investigative work. If you have met the cosmetic surgeon and you are still sceptical about him, you can easily investigate him. Check if he has any pending complaints by former clients of if he has been reported for malpractice in whichever country he comes from. The internet is a powerful tool, so use it to your benefit.
- Do not let the certifications, diplomas or degrees covering his entire office wall fool you. Like we keep on mentioning, make sure he is board certified. This as well, you can check over the internet. If he does not check out, forget the diploma mosaic on his office wall and find another cosmetic surgeon.
- Be wary of cheap procedures. If at one clinic the procedure is going for half the price than the previous clinic you visited, run as fast as you can. Just remember, cheap is always expensive in the long run.
- Check your comfort level. If after the first, second and third consultations your hair still stands at the back of your neck, or your lizard brain stands at attention, then I would suggest you look for another cosmetic surgeon. For the procedure to go well, you have to be comfortable around him/her. Otherwise do not let him cut into you.
- Know your rights. If something or anything goes wrong, or the procedure is sub-standard, know if you can sue or report the surgeon or the entire clinic or hospital in that matter. More so if you are having the procedure in a foreign land.
- Finally, keep yourself educated. This will give you an idea of the procedure itself and while at the consultation, you can arm yourself with the right questions to see if the said surgeon is a quack or not.
Cowboy cosmetic surgeons can be found anywhere. It is up to you to do your homework on them instead of rushing to the cowboy who charges less.