Brazilian butt lift is majorly for people who want to make their butt more firm, rounder and a little bigger. Individuals who have tried booty boosting exercises such as squats but no results seem to be forthcoming or even bought shapewear which promised to lift your butt but all they got was being uncomfortable, the Brazilian butt lift could be the thing for you.
But is the Brazilian butt lift really worth it? Plus what are the benefits and of course the side effects?
What is a Brazilian butt lift?
Also known as a BBL, it is a procedure which uses your own fat to enhance the shape and size of your butt. Liposuction is performed to remove fat from other areas of the body like the thighs, hips or stomach. The fat is then injected into the outer hips and butt cheeks.
The Brazilian butt lift is a complicated procedure with a lot of steps so finding the right surgeon is quite crucial because they have to use the safest technique.
The Ideal Candidate for a Brazilian butt lift
A BBL might be right for you if;
- You are in good physical health, meaning your body can stand general anaesthesia
- You want to dramatically alter the shape of your butt
- You have enough fat for liposuction and your weight is stable and ideal
- You are capable of avoiding prolonged time periods sitting
However if you do not have enough fat for liposuction but you are still a good candidate then you will be put on a diet which will enable you to gain about 10 to 20 pounds before the Brazilian Butt Lift surgery.
Benefits of the Brazilian butt lift
- It is not as invasive as a full surgical butt lift or butt implants. Although butt implants and a full surgical butt lift are very effective they leave scarring and the recovery time is much longer. When it come to the Brazilian butt lift the injection sites are almost invisible and the same goes for the areas which the fat was harvested through liposuction.
- Great results are achieved through this fat transfer treatment. The patient achieves her results whether it was to get the butt more toned, rounder, reduce sagging or drooping.
- Fat transfer is the method that is used and it is better than filler options. This is because a patient’s own fat is used and the chances for rejection or allergic reactions are really slim. The fat is usually reabsorbed into the body without harm.
- In addition to a more shapelier backside, the patient also undergoes aesthetic fat reduction on the abdominal area.
Side Effects of the Brazilian butt lift
- Minor scarring from liposuction. Liposuction results in virtually visible scarring which fade with time thus making them difficult to detect.
- There may be bumps and lumps after the procedure on the fat harvesting site and the buttocks but it results on its own.
- Bruising and swelling with some discoloration which normally reside after two weeks
- Pain and discomfort accompanied by soreness which are managed by painkillers
- Numbness or a tingling sensation which passes after a few weeks is quite common.