Losing weight is a big step towards wellness. But sometimes when you lose too much weight, you end up not liking what you see in the mirror. This is because of the loose skin and tissue left behind hanging from most parts of your body lacks the elasticity to return to its original form or adapt to the size of your new body.
When this happens, it is time you decided to have a body contouring procedure to get rid of the hanging skin and tissue, as well as uneven bulges and curves. These procedures include Abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck in Dubai), Brachioplasty (Arm lift in Dubai), Mastopexy (Breast lift in Dubai) and Buttocks and thigh lifts.
The body contouring procedures might be accomplished in one single session, or you can arrange with your surgeon to have it done in stages, or one section of your body at a time. With most surgeons, body contouring is done within three stages while under general anesthesia.
Abdominoplasty: This procedure is used to remove excess or hanging skin from your stomach area. If done by a professional and experienced surgeon like we have at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery, your tummy is left toned and firm.
Mastopexy: During this procedure, the surgeon usually trims off the sagging skin of the breast and repositions them on an upward level. During some occasions the breasts might require an implant to replace the fat you lost during your weight loss journey.
Brachioplasty: After the weight is lost, you might end up with what is commonly known as ‘bat wings’. During this procedure, the loose and sagging skin under your upper arms is pulled tight by the surgeon, and the extra skin is discarded.
Buttocks and thigh lift: When it comes to this area, the surgeon raises and tightens the skin over these areas, then gets rid of the excess ones. This leaves the areas with less visible dimples and sagginess and with more defined features.
- By having a body contouring procedure, you will be able to remodel your body figure in a way that more exercise or shape belts would not be able to.
- Body contouring enables you to see the actual results of your hard work, of losing weight, which will also increase your esteem levels.
- With an evenly shaped and well-proportioned body, you will be able to improve your appearance dramatically and boost your self-confidence.
Things to do before surgery
- First and foremost, choose a plastic surgeon who is Board Certified.
- Make sure your weight is stable. Wait for at least two to three months to be sure.
- Prepare yourself psychologically.
- Realize that there will be a lot of scarring in every section that the surgeon will perform the procedures.
- Quite smoking
- Plan your time off to recover. Recovery takes between four to six weeks.