Do you ever wish you could move fat from your belly, love handles and thighs to other places in your body? Well, it is practically possible now with fat grafting. Everyone dreams to have a properly contoured body. Body areas with excessive fat can be embarrassing and problematic for anyone. Therefore, it was the need of the hour to have a treatment that can transfer the excess fat from one part of the body to the other that actually needs fat. In this way, you can achieve a perfectly contoured body.
Fat grafting is a highly effective treatment that has numerous applications. Let’s explore these useful applications for a better understanding of the procedure.
What is Fat Grafting?
Also referred to as fat injections or fat transfer, fat grafting is a surgical process in which fat is transferred from one area of the body to another. Its’ main aim is to augment or improve the area where the fat is injected. It involves harvesting fat cells via liposuction, processing the fat and lastly re-injecting the purified fat into the targeted area.
Fat grafting is used to enhance and improve the cosmetic appearance of the buttocks, hips, feet, hands, breasts, and face. It also helps in the healing of scars and wounds as well as repairing breast tissue damage after radiation treatment.
Liposuction is a primary component in fat grafting which is performed by a plastic surgeon. The type of anaesthesia used during the treatment usually depends on the volume of the fat being extracted from the donor area.
Common Areas of Fat Grafting Applications
- Fat grafting corrects breast asymmetry as well as scar deformities caused by breast reconstruction or lumpectomy. It treats breast implant capsular contractures and increases the breast size by one or two cup sizes.
- Because of aging, gravity plays a role in redistributing some of the facial fat pads shifting them downwards. In the process, the fat pads collect around the jaw area and in the chin leaving the upper portion of the face hollow and gaunt. Fat injections work the same way as dermal fillers but with many long-lasting results. Fat grafting adds volume to the cheeks creating higher cheekbone appearance, smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines and adding volume to the hollowed parts such as the nasolabial folds and the area below the eye. It helps in scar repairing as well as improving the appearance and texture of the skin.
- Fat transfer helps in the padding of bony feet as well as reducing wrinkles and rejuvenating the hands and feet appearance.
- Fat grafting adds volume to the hips which not only provides a feminine profile but also improves the waist-hip ratio.
- It can also be used in Brazilian butt lift which is an augmentation of the buttock size and it also makes the buttocks appear perkier.
The risks of the fat grafting procedure are minimal and you might require more procedures in order to get the optimal results.
Benefits of Fat Grafting
- The chance of an allergic reaction is rare because the treatment uses your own fat.
- The results are natural-looking.
- The procedure can be easily combined with other cosmetic procedures such as breast augmentation and liposuction.
- There is little downtime if the fat grafting is done alone but if performed with other procedures, the healing time might be lengthy.
- There is no synthetic material used for the enhancements.
- The results are immediate, noticeable and improve with passing days.
- The optimal results are long-lasting as 50-80% of the transferred fat is retained permanently.
Fat grafting is undoubtedly the most beneficial procedure that can shape your body in the best possible manner. The numerous applications mentioned-above clearly show that whether it is breast asymmetry, wrinkle formation or buttock augmentation, fat grafting can treat all. Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® is one of the clinics in the UAE that is providing fat grafting treatment. You can book a free consultation with our experts if you are interested in getting it. An initial consultation will remove all the ambiguities from your mind and you will be able to go for the treatment without any fear.