The face summarizes your whole appearance and having proportionate and well defined facial organs enhances your personality aesthetically. Ears, being the most distinguished part of your face, give you the privilege to upgrade your personality by attaching external artifacts. Well-defined ears optimistically communicate about your persona, but unfortunately, many people are deprived of feeling the charm of properly-contoured ears.
Irregularly shaped ears not only bring down your self-confidence but also do not let you to be comfortable in your own body. In this glamorous world, pointed or protruding ears are considered nontraditional and have a poor impact on others. There exist a plethora of ear fixing remedies, but unfortunately, their results are never guaranteed.
However, the cosmetic world has brought ease to the candidates with ear-related problems by introducing Otoplasty treatment.
What is Otoplasty?
It is a cosmetic procedure used to alter the shape, position, and overall proportion of ears. There can be many reasons for the defective ears, which include natural factors, any injury or physical trauma, genetics, and stress.
There are two types of incision making techniques involved in otoplasty;
- On the back of the ears.
- Within the inner creases of ears.
After making incisions, the desired alterations are made (manipulating the size of excess cartilage and skin). Afterward, the cartilage is fixed into a proper position through internal sutures. In the end, extra stitches are applied to close the incisions.
- The ear surgery is carried out by using general anesthesia.
- The procedure takes about two hours to get completed.
- The procedure is performed in an outpatient setting, and the candidate is allowed to go home afterward.
- Otoplasty treatment requires two to three weeks for the candidate to get recovered fully.
- You will have to wear a bandage for three days.
- You will experience some discomfort and itching right after the surgery, and some painkillers shall be given to comfort you.
- You will be guided about the sleeping techniques to keep pressure off the affected area.
- After your bandage is removed, your ears will be swollen, and redness will be visible. For that, you will be wearing a headband for two to six weeks, for it will not affect the treated ears during sleeping.
- Your stitches will be removed after a week of the surgery.
- You will be allowed to resume your all activities after a week of the surgery.
- Keep on taking the medicines as per your doctor’s prescription.
- Ice packs must be used to minimize swelling and discomfort.
- Proper rest must be taken for a week after the surgery.
- A light walk should be started as soon as possible to keep the blood flowing.
- Avoid vigorous activates which can trigger the blood flow in your face.
- While sleeping, extra pillows should be used, to keep the head elevated.
- The head should not be rested on the treated ear.
There are certain risks associated with otoplasty surgery. Some of them include:
- Scarring might be permanent, but it will be hidden behind the ears.
- Temporary numbness can be felt after ear surgery.
- Rarely, the surgery can create unnatural borders and contours, which will require additional surgery to get them fixed.
- Stitches on the ears can cause inflammation to the internal layer of the skin. It can be painful.
- Asymmetry in-ear placement can happen. It could occur as a result of the healing process, but it is very unlikely to happen.
- Excessive bleeding is very rare but possible, so you might need another operation or blood transfusion to get it tackled.
- Your wounds might get infected and eventually worsen. But it can be cured by having antibiotics as prescribed by your surgeon.
These risks can be avoided by choosing a highly experienced surgeon.
Read more about: Selecting a Surgeon for Ear Surgery
Immediate results are displayed after the surgery as soon as the bandages are removed. The results obtained from the surgery are permanent.
Benefits of Otoplasty
There are numerous aesthetic and psychological advantages of the surgical procedure. These benefits include:
- It improves the appearance of the ear(s) aesthetically.
- It upgrades your overall personality.
- Many sorts of small imperfections can be corrected with this procedure.
- It is suitable for children too.
- It is completely a safe procedure
- Minimum side effects are associated with it.
- It causes minimal scarring.
- It boosts your self-esteem and also improves your self-image.
At Dubai Cosmetic Surgery Clinic, you will get state-of-the-art facilities for otoplasty surgery. It is a world-class cosmetic surgery clinic in the UAE, serving thousands of patients with excellence. To know whether you are a candidate for otoplasty or not, get in touch for a free consultation using the contact information provided.