Botox is quite famous treatment and is among most frequently performed cosmetic procedures. The reason behind its popularity is that it is the most effective and immediate treatment for the eradication of wrinkles and lines on face. A large number of men and women of different ages opt for this procedure. There are a number of cosmetic clinics and practitioners all over the world offering this treatment. Botox injections for wrinkles are an effective treatment but you should consider various factors associated with the procedure before you opt for it.
- The most important factor is that you should learn about the botox to know how botox injections can help you. You can come to know about botox about through social media but you should also consult various experienced dermatologists for this purpose because a dermatologist can better guide about botox injections. Botox is a muscle relaxer and is effective for the treatment of wrinkles caused by the movement of facial muscles for expressions. Mostly it is used for the treatment of frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet.
- As the results of the treatment greatly depend on the practitioner you select. So, you should find the best practitioner or dermatologist to get botox injections for wrinkles and for this purpose you need to consider the expertise and skill of practitioner in this particular field.
- Before having botox injections, you should also know about the risks of the procedure. If the treatment is performed correctly, botox does not cause any severe side effect except slight swelling and redness that subsides by applying cold compresses. On the other hand, if the procedure is not performed correctly, botox is either injected in the wrong site or wrong quantity is injected, the condition may worsen.
- To know about the results and how long the results will last is also important to know before you opt for the treatment. Botox injections give immediate results that become completely visible in a week or so. The outcomes of botox injections last for few months varying from person to person depending on the severity of wrinkles treated.
- You must be clear about your expectations. Don’t expect dramatic results and keep in mind that less is more. Having small quantities of botox gives natural looking results rather than having large quantities that leads to frozen look.