Breast Augmentation is a surgical procedure used to increase the size of breasts using implants, most of the implants are made of silicone and saline however fat implants are also used. The treatment is a major surgery and it is performed under general anesthesia, therefore there are some complications associated with the procedure.
Post-op care for breast augmentation
Due to the invasive nature of the procedure, the post-op care of the procedure is very important to avoid any complications and get the desired results.
Post breast augmentation surgery checklist
- When the surgery is completed then you should rest at home the following day. For a speedy recovery and while you lay down for resting try to keep your head elevated with the help of pillows during your recovery.
- When the doctor schedules your appointment after the procedure then make sure that you visit the doctor for all the appointments.
- If a small amount of fluid drainage occurs at bandages then don’t panic its totally normal.
- Bruising is to be expected after the procedure applies ice packs to the treatment area in order to minimize the swelling.
- After the surgery, you will purchase the compression garments that you should wear all the time for a specific period of recovery.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding the breast augmentation procedure then feel free to contact your surgeon for the consultation.
- You can also take shower but should avoid the water from touching your wounds for the first couple of days.
- Stop the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine for at least one month after your procedure.
- After the procedure, you won’t have an appetite, however, when your appetite returns then take light meals such as broths and soups.
- Take the medicine and antibiotics according to the prescription of the doctor. Doing so will help a lot in minimizing the pain as well as reducing the chance of any infection.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as bending or weightlifting for the first 3 to 4 days after your surgery.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated and avoid dehydration.
- Numbness in different spots of breasts is expected and avoid using the underwire bra till you start feeling good again. This can last for six weeks to six months.
- Swelling and bruising are to be expected in the affected area which is not permanent and will disappear over time. Your breast will regain its natural appearance and softness three months after the surgery.
- For the first 48 hours after your treatment keep your movements to the minimum. Small movement such as brushing your teeth and combing hairs is ok but avoid using your arms for lifting something heavy or supporting yourself. You can gradually increase the movement of your arms.
- The pain and swelling are normal however if it becomes intense and the swelling of breasts becomes hard or one side appears larger than the other then you should immediately contact your doctor.
By following these steps you can maximize your results and can minimize your discomfort.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery offers the best breast augmentation in Dubai. We also offer free online consultation with the highly skilled surgeon. All you need to do is fill the form below and we will contact you instantly.