Breast Augmentation is a surgical procedure used to increase the size of breasts using implants. Most of the implants are made of silicone and saline; however, fat implants are also used. The treatment is major surgery and is performed under general anesthesia. Also, there are some complications associated with the procedure since it is a surgical treatment. That is why the significance of post-op care increases significantly in breast augmentation with implants.
Let’s discuss some significant post-op care guidelines in detail that are essential for a smooth recovery.
Post-op Care for Breast Augmentation
Due to the procedure’s invasive nature, the procedure’s post-op care is critical to avoid any complications and get the desired results.
- When the surgery is completed, you should rest at home for a speedy recovery and while you lay down for resting, try to keep your head elevated with the help of pillows in your recovery.
- When the doctor schedules your appointment after the procedure, make sure that you visit the doctor for all the appointments.
- If a small amount of fluid drainage occurs at bandages, don’t panic; it’s normal.
- Bruising is to be expected after the procedure. Apply ice packs to the treatment area to minimize the swelling.
- After the surgery, you need to purchase the compression garments that you should wear all the time for a specific period.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding the breast augmentation procedure, please contact your surgeon for a consultation.
- You can also shower but do not let the water touch your wounds for the first couple of days.
- Stop the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine for at least one month after your procedure.
- After the procedure, you won’t have an appetite; however, when your appetite returns, take light meals such as broths and soups.
- Take medicine and antibiotics according to the prescription of the doctor. Doing so will help a lot in minimizing the pain and reducing the chance of any infection.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as bending or weightlifting for the first 3 to 4 days after your surgery.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body hydrated and avoid dehydration.
- Numbness at different breasts’ spots is expected, and you should avoid using the underwire bra until you start feeling good again. It can last for six weeks to six months.
- Swelling and bruising are expected in the affected area, which is not permanent and will disappear over time. Your breast will regain its natural appearance and softness three months after the surgery.
- For the first 48 hours after your treatment, keep your movements minimum. Small activity such as brushing your teeth and combing hairs is fine but avoid using your arms to lift something heavy or support yourself. You can gradually increase the movement of your arms.
- The pain and swelling are expected; however, if it becomes intense and the swelling of breasts becomes hard, or one side appears more massive than the other, you should immediately contact your doctor.
By following these steps, you can maximize your results and can minimize your discomfort.
Dubai Cosmetic Surgery® offers breast augmentation treatment in Dubai to all the women who are in dire need of it. We also provide free online consultation with highly skilled surgeons. All you need to do is fill the form below, and we will contact you instantly. Don’t miss this opportunity, and select the best for yourself.