If you’re one of those people who are bothered by the looks of their lower body, you are not alone. You may be in the same boat with people who have the tendency to store deposits of extra fat around their hips, thighs and inner thighs. This is often the case with pear-shaped bodies. Their lower body is not in proportion with their upper body. In contrast their upper bodies tend to store less fat and are slim and toned in appearance. This can create a frustrating situation where the size of your thighs is not matched with the size of your skinny arms and flatter abdomen.
The ideal body shape today is an hourglass silhouette. In this, the upper body is directly in proportion with the lower body, creating a harmonious, balanced and symmetrical appearance. Even fashion designers today design their clothes according to the proportions of an hourglass body. It is their aim to simulate the effect of an hourglass on the woman’s body so that she looks more beautiful.
Unfortunately hourglass bodies make up only 8% of the total female population, and the majority of women fall under the apple, banana and pear category.
Body shape also changes as women age. Aged women with children have more fatty deposits around their thigh areas due to childbirth. So even if they were once bananas, apples or hourglasses they will lean towards a more pear look due to the excess fat. Women are not the only ones to suffer from the existence of very large thighs, but even men can be potential victims. Having flabby, cellulite and stretch mark ridden thighs can be an embarrassing situation for most. They cannot wear skinny jeans, miniskirts, shorts or swimsuits without feeling awkward about the sloppy appearance of their lower body. They will shy away from a range of clothing that may expose their physical flaws.
Fortunately, with advances in thigh lift surgery in Dubai, you can now fix this problem and become confident in your body. Noone can stop you from flaunting your gorgeous new legs, because as they say “If you’ve got it, flaunt it!”
Thigh lift surgery in Dubai is a very safe, minimally invasive and effective procedure that will not cost you an arm and a leg.
A thigh lift or thighplasty can reduce excess fat and skin the thigh and knee area resulting in a very defined, slim and taut thigh that will look amazing in skinny jeans, miniskirts, shorts and bathing suits. Modern thigh lift surgery aims to create thighs that are in proportion with the abs, buttocks and legs. Ideally the outertighs and trunk should create an hourglass appearance and indent towards the waist with a smooth outward curve towards the outer thighs. From the rear the thigh should stand apart from the buttock with a nicely defined fold. They should appear smooth and showcase the underlying muscles from the front.
The inner thighs should be lean and firm.
Best Candidates for Thigh Lift Surgery
Individuals with loose, hanging thigh skin due to weight loss due to dramatic weight loss through dieting
- Individuals with extra fat deposits around the thighs
- Individuals who have flabby, cellulite ridden thighs due to ageing or as a consequence of weight gain after childbirth
- People whose weight is relatively stable
- Healthy individuals who do not have any medical conditions that can increase the risk of surgery or slow down healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations from the thigh lift surgery
- Individuals who are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle that involves proper nutrition and fitness.
Types of Thigh lift:
There are various types of thigh lifts, each differing according to the pattern of incision.
Inner Medial Thigh Lift:
This involves incisions in the groin fold. It is the most popular type of thigh lift. It is ideal for individuals with a moderate amount of excess skin and fat in this area. For an inner thigh lift, the surgeon lifts up and thigh skin and tissue to tighten it
This involves vertical incision that starts at the crease of the groin and extends to the inner knee. When the inner thighs are exposed in a bathing suit or a miniskirt the scar on the inner thighs is visible. During the vertical thigh lift your surgeon will remove a wedge of skin from the inner thigh. People who have more significant fat and loose skin may need to undergo vertical thighplasty.
Outer Thigh Lift:
This requires an incision that extends from the groin around the hip. A latest procedure called spiral thighplasty targets the front, back, inner and outer thighs. An incision is made below the buttock fold and continues over the groin crease where the thigh and pubic area meet. This plastic surgery procedure is the best option for people who have lost weight.
- Regardless of the thigh lift type you choose, the main procedure is similar.
- The surgeon will choose a general anaesthesia.
- He or she will make the required incision
- Whether the skin is excised or lifted will vary based on the type of incision and the amount of skin and fat that needs to be removed, reshaped or tightened.
- The surgeon is likely to use deep support stitches that help in forming and supporting the new countours of the thigh as part of the surgery. They will also choose close up incisions with stitches.
- The length of the treatment and the hospital stay varies according to the choice of the thigh lift procedure, and whether it is done in conjunction with other procedures such as liposuction or as part of a lower body lift.
- There will be bruising, swelling and soreness after the thigh lift.
- The smooth tight contours of the new thighs will be visible immediately after the procedure
- Swelling and bruising can be reduced if certain supplements are taken before the surgery. Arnica and bromelain are usually prescribed
- Risks can me minimized and results improved if you follow your surgeons recommendations on what to take or stop taking
- Discomfort and tightness will persist for the first 48 to 72 hours after the treatment, but you will feel normal after the third day.
- Prescription pain killers can help to relieve the pain
- Swelling in your lower body and upper thighs will take three to five weeks in order to subside.
- A compression garment will be fitted around the treated area to protect the incisions and promote shrinking and tightening of the skin post surgery.
- Drainage tubes are inserted to get rid of excess fluid and reduce swelling. The tubes can be safely removed once the drainage fluid output is low.
- You will likely have to keep your legs slightly bent at the hips during the first week after the surgery. This will reduce pain and any tension in the incision line and lead to a thinner, less visible scar during the initial healing process.
- You will have to wear gauze pads over the groin incisions so that they stay dry. Your surgeon will advise you on how often the dressings are to be changed.
- You can shower three days after the surgery.
- You can see the surgeon for followup one week after the procedure
- You will try to start walking after the thigh lift, as soon as possible, even if it makes you uncomfortable. Early ambulation will minimize the risk of developing a fatal blood clot in your leg.
- You can resume your normal activities and exercise plan according to your surgeons recommendations.
- You may consider additional cosmetic procedures to further improve the appearance of the legs. The most popular post thigh lift procedure is laser hair removal because of its long lasting effects.
Risks and Complications of Thigh Lift:
- Fluid accumulation
- Poor healing of wounds
- Loss of skin
- Blood clots
- Changes in skin sensation
- Anesthesia risks
- Skin discoloration or swelling
- Fatty tissue death deep in the skin (fat necrosis)
- Major wound separation
- Persistent pain
- Unsatisfactory results
- Recurrent skin looseness
- Heart and lung complications
- Skin irritation from stitches
- Possibility of a second surgery
It is essential to choose the right surgeon before opting for thigh lift surgery, as it can play a major role in client satisfaction. The cosmetic surgeons that perform Thigh Lift in Dubai are American Board Certified. This ensures that they have extensive training and are aware of the latest techniques and technology used in the procedure.