The craze for being size zero with hourglass curves is not over yet. Women all over the world take great pains to appear like the sculpted celebrities they see on TV and in magazines. Some will go on diets; others will do rigorous exercise, giving up on their laid back lifestyles to achieve a more healthy, beautiful and glamourous look. While surgery is also an option, many people are not comfortable with the idea of liposuction because of the risks and complications involved.
However, mesotherapy has now come to the rescue. Unlike dieting and exercising, you will not have to wait for several months or years to see any visible results. And unlike liposuction you will not have to undergo any painful or risky surgical treatment to rid you of the extra cellulite on your body.
Mesotherapy treatment in Dubai has become one of the world’s most popular non-surgical cellulite removal treatments. Not only does this injection based treatment even the skin tone, but it also affects fat deposits by breaking down the connective bonds of adipose fat cells and naturally flushing them out of the body. As a result, it becomes possible for patients to erase cellulite and regain the smoothness to their arms, legs, hips, thighs and abdomens and even the area under the chin. It was developed in 1950’s by the Frenchman Michael Pistor.
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy comes from the Greek word ‘mesos’ meaning middle and ‘therapei’ meaning to treat medically. It is a non-surgical cosmetic medicine treatment. It was pioneered by the French physician Dr. Michel Pistor in 1952. Mesotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure that is used widely across Europe and in other parts of the world to treat various injuries and medical conditions. It was recognized by the French National Academy of Medicine in the year 1986 as an integral component of traditional medicine. This treatment targets problem areas with microinjections of conventional or homeopathic medicines, vitamins, amino acids and minerals. Tiny medicinal bullets are delivered into the mesoderm directly and are highly specific to the problem being treated. Mesotherapy among its many applications can be used for the following:
- Mesotherapy for eliminating cellulite
- Mesotherapy for promoting weight loss
- Mesothherapy for eliminating localized fat deposits
- Mesotherapy for promoting weight loss
How does it work?
Mesotherapy introduces microscopic amounts of homeopathic medications, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and traditional pharmaceuticals into the skin to treat a variety of problems. For example emphysema medication Aminophylline can treat cellulite because it has been known to break down fat, as has Isoproternol. Both medicines function to achieve the same goal which is why the medicines are often combined.
Very short and thin needles are used in mesotherapy. For white skin a 4mm needle is recommended and for black skin a 6 mm needle is used so that the medications can be delivered to the right depth. Any medication injected into the skin, fat or tissues of mesoderm or middle layer skin is considered mesotherapy.
Benefits of Mesotherapy:
- Advantages of injecting medication into the skin or fat include eliminating the side effects and contraindications.
- Intolerance to a medication is triggered by factors such as dosage and the ability of the body to break down and excrete product. In most cases, patients who were formerly intolerant can break down medication in mesotherapeutic form.
- Because these injections are directly reach the target areas it takes only a small amount of medication to bring out instant results
- Patients are able to avoid many of the side effects of orally digested medicines or more serious surgical procedures
- It is a safe alternative to liposuction
- It has also been effective in treating muscle spasms and arthritis.
- Mesotherapy is also used by some clinics for precise jobs such as eyelid surgery and face lift procedures also known as ‘Meso-lifts’.
- Mesotherapy tends to be more regulated than it’s emerging competitors such as LipoDissolve or injection lipolysis the concentration of ingredients of which varies from clinic to clinic
How Long Does it Take?
The time required for mesotherapy treatment in Dubai depends on the area that is being treated, bot the number of areas being treated as well as their size. Most mesotherapy treatments do not take any longer than an hour to perform
Once the medication is delivered, the body is stimulated to heal by itself. And because the target areas are reached directly, smaller levels of medication are required and the effects of mesotherapy are immediate.
Patients need to rest for a day or so after the treatment. It is important to massage the treated areas to alleviate the soreness that is felt. Massaging will also help to disperse the injection throughout the area.
The results of mesotherapy generally last for at least a year. However it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle to keep your figure intact. Any additional weight gain after mesotherapy would affect the shape of your body
Side Effects of Mesotherapy:
- Micro-injections are relatively painless and the potential side effects are:
- Burning that can last from 15 to 20 minutes
- Minor soreness similar to that experienced after a strenuous workout that may last for several days
- Knots in the injected are are also a common side effect
- Minor swelling that can last from 1 to 5 days (Although this can vary with some patients)
- Minor skin discolouration which will heal on its own or can be treated with chemical peels to get rid of it quickly
- A small risk of infection which may occur whenever an injection is administered.
- Soreness and pain are a sign that the mesotherapy is doing its job and injections are dissolving into the cellulite.
Mesotherapy treatment in Dubai is gaining popularity day by day. It is the preferred treatment for cellulite removal by cosmetic surgeons all over the world because of its minimally invasive nature and the instantaneous results.