Freckles and Blemishes
Skin blemishes are the discoloration marks that can be found in our skin. We are either born with or it can just instantly appear as we grow older. Blemishes like acne, scars, birthmarks, age spots and freckles are just some of the many types of blemishes that can be found in a human’s skin. Acne is one of the most common skin blemishes where there is a presence of raised pustules called pimples. A scar can be caused by an injury or any cut in the skin. Birthmarks and freckles are patches of discoloration in the skin. Freckles are not harmful, getting rid of them should not be a basic priority. Freckles can actually add character to any person who have it but to those who are not happy with theirs, there are multiple ways to diminish and prevent this type of skin blemishes. To be able to understand more about blemishes and freckles in Dubai let us discuss more about their causes and how to prevent and diminish this type of skin damage.
Different Causes of Freckles and Skin Blemishes:
- Freckles can be caused when the melanin, a dark pigment in the skin is not distributed evenly all throughout the skin.
- Too much exposure to the sun: The possibility of freckles to appear even more abundantly is when a person is always exposed to the sun especially if the person is prone to having freckles. This causes melanocytes, the pigment-producing cells in your skin, to produce more melanin, which can darken the freckles on your skin.
- Genetics: If a person’s mom, dad or great grand parents have it, then the probability of getting it passed through genetics is 90 to 100 percent. Even your children may have freckles as well.
Different Types of Freckles:
- Ephelides is a type of freckle that is flat and light brown in color. It can also appear red which can diminish if sun exposure is lessened. These are clusters of concentrated melanin which are most often visible on people with fair complexions.
- Lentigines, also known as liver spots can be distinguished based on the proliferation of melanocytes. A lentigo has an increased number of melanocytes and will stay stable in their color regardless of sunlight exposure. These type of freckles are most common in older people.
Ways to Prevent and Diminish Freckles and Blemishes:
- Less Sun Exposure: Exposure to the sun can darken the appearance of freckles especially to those with skin that are prone to this type of skin blemish.
- Sunscreen: Use this to help your screen be protected from too much harsh sunlight. This cannot help diminish the appearance of freckles but this can prevent it and make a whole lot of difference.
- Topical over the counter creams that contain hydroquinone can help lighten the skin color and even out the blemishes like freckles on your skin. A little warning, excessive use of creams with hydroquinone may increase any person’s risk of cancer.
- Cosmetic procedure like cryosurgery, laser treatments, photofacials, chemical peels and intense pulse light therapy can be anyone’s best options to diminish freckles and other skin blemishes.