Fractional Co2 Treatments
Fractional CO2 resurfacing is the non-surgical cosmetic procedure that can take off years from the face and significantly improve the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation. In the past traditional Co2 laser treatments removed the entire surface of the skin. Modern fractional CO2 uses small columns of fractionated energy to ablate damaged areas of skin. By targeting deeper zones within the skin as opposed to an entire skin surface, fractional Co2 treatment is a one-time treatment performed under local anesthesia. It is minimal invasive, simple and short procedure.
Who is a Candidate?
You may be an ideal candidate for fractional CO2 laser treatment if you are experiencing any of the following skin issues:
- Sagging skin
- Fine lines as well as deep wrinkles and creases
- Textural irregularities caused by sun and environmental damages
- Scars caused by acne or surgery
- Dull and dark skin tone caused by sun damage
- Freckles and blemishes
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
Pre Treatment Care
During consultation, our expert will give you some pre-procedure instructions. Some common instructions include:
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning for at least two weeks prior to treatment.
- Wear strong sunscreen regularly before going in the sun.
- Avoid exfoliation for at least two weeks before treatment.
- Discontinue using glycolic acid or retinoic acid products few weeks before treatment.
- Apply the prescribed topical medications regularly.
- Avoid wearing makeup before treatment.
Fractional Co2 Procedure
Typically, it takes 20 to 30 minutes to complete. The steps of fractional CO2 procedure are:
- The treatment area is cleansed.
- Numbing cream or local anesthesia is applied on the treatment area. Most of the patients do not require numbing treatment area because the discomfort caused by the treatment is bearable.
- The fractional CO2 laser device is then moved across the skin.
- During the procedure, CO2 laser beam is fractionated or pixellated into thousands of tiny shafts of light. These shafts penetrate the deep layers of skin and cause tiny wounds.
- The healing process involves the replacement of damaged skin with new healthy skin. The heat produced by laser also causes the shrinkage of collagen and promotes production of new collagen.
- Applying cold compresses will help reduce burning sensation afterwards.
Post Treatment Care
Some common instructions are:
- Use cold compresses to minimize discomfort and burning sensation.
- Apply prescribed topical medications regularly.
- Be gentle to your skin.
- Do not scrub.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure for the recommended period of time.
- Apply strong sunscreen before going in the sun.
Fractional Co2 Benefits
There are many benefits of fractional CO2 laser treatment. Some of them are as following:
- Fractional lasers are very gentle and therefore do not cause severe discomfort and pain.
- The fractional array of laser beams does not damage the skin like other ablative procedures.
- Only anesthesia required is applying a topical numbing cream.
Fractional Co2 Results