If you want an instant correction of fine lines, nasolabial folds, depressed scars or a simple lip enlargement, a filler treatment might be the right one for you.
As we age, the outermost layer of skin, the epidermis and the subcutaneous layer undergo many unsightly changes. The epidermis thins down and the dermal layer runs short of it’s supply of normal tissue while the fat cells in the subcutaneous layer become smaller and smaller. These changes cause the skin to dry up easily becoming less plump and loosing its firmness. The most visible effects of these changes appear in the form of wrinkles and sagging skin. This is where you might benefit from dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers can be great in restoring the lost volume of the face, giving it back its youthful, radiant and rested appearance. They have also been called liquid facelifts because they offer several of the benefits of a surgical facelift without the recovery time.
Although they can’t help with excess sagging skin these soft tissue fillers can add more volume and provide instant results at a lower cost than surgery. These treatments are not permanent however they can be repeated and maintained.
Some injectable fillers can be used in combination with other skin rejuvenating treatments such as injections of botulinum toxin. Your cosmetic surgeon for filler injections in Dubai will evaluate your needs and and suggest one or a conjunction of treatments to attain the desired results.
Wrinkle fillers can be divided into:
- Temporary fillers
- Semi permanent fillers
Autologous fat that is human fat is harvested from your own body. Using your own fat requires a more extensive procedure than filler injections because you have to undergo liposuction to take out the fat prior to the injection. You minimize the risk of allergic reaction or rejection by the body by using your own fat. You should be aware that not all of the live fat cells survive when transferred into a newsite. A high rate of re-absorption can be expected. Due to this, your doctor is likely to overfull the area being treated. Initially you may look abnormal but it will soon settle and you will begin to enjoy your nw look. When the surgeon extracts this fat through liposuction it is possible that there will be more than irequired for one application. Most natural fat can be stored for touch ups.
Collagen is a natural substance known as protein and it is the main part of the cartilage, teeth and bones. It is derived from either cows (known as bovine collagen) or from human skin. CosmoDerm, Cosmoplast, Zyplast and Zyderm are all collagen brand names.
Human cadaveric dermis is skin that is cultivated from a cadaver and injected into the face. This substance results in quite impressive filling of facial hollows. Cymetra, Dermalogen, Fascian are all collagen brand names.
Hyaluronic Acid (HLA):
This is also a naturally occurring substance in the body. High amounts of it are found in soft connective tissue and the fluid surrounding the eyes. It is also found in some cartilage and joint fluids as well as in skin tissue. The substance is often injected into the aching joints of people who have arthritis to ease pain by providing extra cushioning. HLA is not extracted from animal sources. Captique, Esthelis, Elevess, Hylaform, Juvederm, Perlane, Prevelle, Restylane and Puragen are all brand names of HLA.
This is the heaviest of all the facial fillers and is commonly found in human bones. This mineral like compound is reserved to fill the deepest creases such as nasolabial folds, marionette lines and frown lines. It can also enhance the cheeks fullness and other facial contours. Calcium based microscpheres are suspended in a watery gel. Radiesse and Radiance are popular brand names
This is a synthetic material. When injected it stimulates the collagen production in the body. This substance is known to function well particularly in the lower half of the face to fill the lines caused by laughing, to augment thin lips and fill up deep nasolabial folds. This substance is unlike other dermal fillers as it does not produce immediate results. Instead it stimulates collegen production so the results appear eventually over a period of a few months. Sculptra and New fill are brand names.
PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate) filelrs contain about 20 per cent of tiny PMMA microspheres that are suspended in 80% purified collagen gel. This substance considered semi-permanent can be removed. PMMA is commonly used to treat medium-to-deep wrinkles, furrows and folds, particularly nasolabial folds. It can also be used to fill deep acne scars and to enlarge thin lips. PMMA has been used for many years in permanent surgical implants. Due to this reason your surgeon will likely underfill on the first treatment, and will add more later if required. Articol, Artefill and Metacrill are brandnames.
First of all the cosmetic surgeon for filler injections in Dubai will listen your desired results and then assess your facial appearance and skin tone, examining the areas of your face to be corrected with a cosmetic dermal filler. Then he will mark the strategic points on your face as guiding points to the appropriate injection sites for the filler. He or she will then clean the area with an antibacterial agent. Then a topical anesthetic will be used to numb the area to be treated, especially if you are sensitive to injections. In a few cases dermal fillers include an anesthetic in the mixture. Injecting the fillers will take only a few minutes in total and seconds per site. Then the marks will be washed off and you will be offered an ice pack to reduce any minor or temporary discomfort. At this point you can apply makeup but be cautious not to apply pressure to the treated area. Movements may cause movement of the dermal filler.
Scars and deep lines will often require several injections to attain the desired goals. If a deeper injection is needed you will be offered a local anesthetic to remain comfortable. Common sites for deeper tissue fillers are the nasolabial folds and marionette lines or to increase the fullness of cheeks.
Recovering from Dermal Fillers:
Dermal fillers don’t have any downtime. Resumption of normal activities is possible right away. It is wise to remember not to rub the treated area so that filler material remains undisrupted. You are likely to experience swelling or slight bruising which will fade within a few days.
If you are opting for human fat as a filler you will notice an over-filled appearance at first. This will resolve within a few hours or in some cases a few days. For some individuals the over-filled appearance may last for a few weeks.
Fillers that are derived from sources other than human fat require a pre-treatment allergy test.
- It is uncommon to experience complications from fillers. The risks include:
- Antibodies or rejection of filler material, which may reduce effectiveness of future injections
- Fillers containing microscopic granular substances, calcium hydroxylapatite in particular may clump as a result of facial movement or the natural aging process. As time progresses the clumps may turn into nodules or lumps. Surgery can help in removing the lumps
- Infection at the site of the injection
- Movement of filler material away from the original site
- Skin death or necrosis
- Skin rash
- Skin sensitivity
- Temporary numbness
- Temporary paralysis of facial muscles
- Under or over correction of wrinkles
Long term effects:
It is important to be aware of the fact that dermal fillers are not permanent. Even the semi-permanent types eventually require re-treatments. The way the face continues to age and how the body absorbs fillers will determine the timing of the repeated treatments. If you have decided not to retreat your appearance of the treated area will go back to its original state. Wrinkles and scars usually return and pumped lips lose their volume.
Who has an ideal candidate for filler injections in Dubai?
Ideal candidates for filler injections:
- Have the desire to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines from their face or worry about crows feet around the eyes, or frown near to the eyebrows and forehead creases
- Consult with their dermatologist or surgeon to determine whether they are a good candidate for the treatment.
- Need to show their doctor that they have realistic expectations from the procedure. You cannot expect your whole life to change for the better after getting this treatment, but you can expect most of your wrinkles and lines to vanish. You should be well-informed about the risks associated with the procedure, which the doctor or surgeon will likely tell you.
- As with any surgery you should be in a healthy condition before undergoing the procedure. Usage of injectables is not good for those with allergies to bovine products nor is it suitable for people taking heart medications, antibiotics and some other drugs that your surgeon should list during the initial consultation. A well reputed physician will ensure that you are free from such issues before making an appointment as they can pose danger if they are mixed with this treatment. Furthermore you should have good skin that is not drooping or damaged due to the sun.
- If your desire is to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles without undergoing surgery and you are tired of using face creams that show no results, botox or other dermal fillers might be appropriate for you.
- There are other factors as well that you must consider before making an appointment for the procedure.
- A visit to the doctor to discuss the procedure is usually the best way to go about getting this done and the right way in order to get the results that you desire.