Macrolane is an injectable gel to add volume to different body parts. It was launched in early 2008 by Q-Med in the UK. It was launched as a less invasive alternative to surgical breast enlargement and body-contouring.
The procedure involves injecting the gel into the breast or other desired area and molding it to obtain the desired shape. The procedure is done under local anesthesia. The procedure may cause bruising and swelling for a few days.
Macrolane gel consists of hyaluronic acid, a natural component of our bodies and skin. Hyaluronic acid is naturally biodegradable, so our bodies absorb the material gradually. That’s why the improvement of the shape usually lasts for about twelve months. A maintenance injection with less amount of gel is required afterwards to maintain the required shape.
There are surgical alternatives available to augment the size of different body parts. Here are the major benefits of choosing the Macrolane over surgical procedures.
- Short procedure: Macrolane injection procedure takes considerably less time. Usually the procedure takes from 30-90 minutes depending on the area of treatment.
- Not permanent: This injection does not produce permanent result, so you can have your shape back if you desire.
- Less recovery time: The recovery time of this procedure is considerably less than surgery. Clients are usually able to resume their normal life activities right after the procedure.
- Local anesthesia: This procedure does not require general anesthesia. The injection is usually administered under local anesthesia.
- Minimal scarring:This process produces minimal scars as compared to surgical augmentation.
You can consult our professional staff for further guidance. Our professional and friendly staff is ready to help you look and feel better.