One of the many non-invasive and non-surgical cosmetic procedures available at Dubai Cosmetic Surgery is the Macrolane injection, used for figure-shaping and enhancing body contours. Labelled as a ‘Cosmetic Enhancement Procedure’ this form of injectable makes use of a gel-like substance called Hyaluronic acid that is injected in specific areas of the calves, buttocks and breasts then moulded to create a curvier, fuller shape of the body as desired by our patients.
Hyaluronic acid is produced naturally by the body as well and exists within connective as well as nervous tissues of the body. Macrolane injection is also used to treat imperfections in the skins caused naturally or due to imbalanced liposuction by smoothing out the surface. However it is not used as a facial treatment
People who are good candidates for Macrolane injection in Dubai are those who share the following.
- Women who have small breasts and wish to have slight breast augmentation of 1 – 2 cup sizes more without going under the surgeon’s knife.
- Men and women who wish to add contours to certain areas of the bodies such as the calves and hips.
- Women who wish to have results that are not permanent and do not wish to sue implants.
- You are both physically healthy and mentally stable.
- Patients suffering from uneven skin and body deformities caused by liposuction.
- Women with one breast bigger than the other.
Pre Treatment Care
During the pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will examine you, evaluate your general health, will discuss all the important factors associated with the procedure and will give you some instructions to get prepared for the procedure. Some common instructions are:
- Quit smoking for certain period of time.
- Refrain from alcohol consumption as well.
- Do not take aspirin, blood thinning medications and herbal supplements without consent of surgeon.
- Take the prescribed medications regularly and make adjustments in current medications.
As part of the procedure for Macrolane injection in Dubai prior to the treatment there will be a appointment with your doctor. In that meeting you will be able to discuss with your doctor your reasons for taking the procedure and what do you expect out of it. It’s is important to voice your questions and concerns before signing the consent form. We also have a free consultation form where you can hook up with an expert for free and do all of that online.
- On the day of the procedure, you will be injected with a local anesthetic keeping the treatment area numb of pain while you stay awake. But before that, the doctor will mark out the areas to be treated with a surgical pen.
- A tiny incision of 2-3 mm is made usually under the crease of the breast or buttock. The filler is then injected in the needed areas through a thin cannula or a syringe into the subcutaneous layer of skin that is above the muscle layer. The process takes anytime between thirty minutes to ninety minutes.
- During the process, you will be conscious and even though there won’t be any pain, you will experience an uncomfortable pulling feeling as the filler spreads into the needed areas.
- The incision is closed after the procedure and you will be prescribed a short rest after which you can go home.
Recovery after Macrolane
One hour or two of rest is necessary after the treatment, and you can walk out of hospital the same day.
- You will only feel slightly drowsy due to the anesthesia but in a day or two you can return to normal everyday routine. Physical activity and sports can be resumed only after 1-3 weeks of the procedure.
- Slight swelling, tenderness and soreness will be felt for the first couple of days and there will be no visible scarring. The tiny incision mark will fade quickly with time.
- Macrolane filler is very biocompatible so the possibilities of the patient having an allergic reaction to the substance are almost none.
Post Treatment Care
Following the procedure, you will have to take up the advice of your plastic surgeon so that recovery is smooth, results are maintained and complications avoided. Some common instructions include:
- Abstain from vigorous physical activity/exercise for up to 3 weeks after treatment. You can continue with your normal routine way before that.
- For the first week wear a support garment to handle any swelling.
- Do not massage the treated area for a few weeks after treatment.
- The risks of Macrolane injection are mighty few with only a possible risk of infection. Your practitioner will prescribe a course of antibiotics that you should complete. In case of any symptoms of infection such as bleeding, accelerated pain, redness, fever and excessive swelling contact our clinic immediately.
Benefits of Macrolane™
Since Macrolane is a natural compound that can be synthesized both naturally and artificially then it’s side-effects are very few. The benefits however are more in comparison:
- It’s a perfect solution – albeit a temporary one – for those who are not seeking a permanent surgical procedure such as implants or augmentation.
- The procedure is performed under the affect of local anesthesia hence it eliminates the risks that come with general anesthesia.
- There is nothing invasive about the procedure apart from the cannula/needle going under your skin, hence the complications are greatly minimized.
- Since the only incision is a 2-3 mm insertion point, that means no scarring left.
- It’s quickly carried out hardly taking more than an hour. In 30-45 minutes you will be good to go.
Among the plus points of Macrolane is that the effects of the injection will be instantly visible. You will feel the notable difference right after the treatment. Since the body recycles hyaluronic acid on a regular cycle, these effects will only last for 12-18 months. After that, you will need a refill depending on the area injected and volume of Macrolane used.
If this procedure appeals to you then fill in our free consultation form and get hooked up with an expert who will guide you the best way towards beautifying yourself with Macrolane injection in Dubai.