Lip Reduction in Dubai
Voluminous and full lips are usually a sign of beauty and attraction but when the lips are disproportionately large they may seem disharmonious with other facial features. People who have this condition may consider lip reduction surgery. Whether you have genetically large lips or have acquired them through an accident or illness, the size of your lips can be reduced to appear more proportionate with your face. People who have undergone a lip reduction report that they feel much more confident with their looks and feel a general boost in their self-esteem because of having proportionate and shapely lips.
Lip Reduction Candidates
Good Candidates for Lip Reduction Surgery You may be an ideal candidate for lip reduction if:
- You have disproportionately large lips.
- You are unhappy with the results of lip augmentation surgery.
- You do not smoke.
- You have good general health.
- You have realistic expectations with the procedure.
Lip Reduction Goals
The goal of lip reduction surgery is improving the aesthetic appearance of lips by:
- Reducing the size of overly large and bulging lips
- Improving the symmetry of lips
During your pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will examine you evaluate your health and will give you pre-surgical instructions. You will not require doing much for the preparation of surgery. Some common pre-surgical instructions include:
- Stop smoking for at least two weeks prior to surgery.
- Refrain from alcohol consumption.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin or any blood thinning medication.
- Do not take any vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Take prescribed medications and recommended supplements on regular basis.
- Eat healthy food.
Lip Reduction Procedure
The procedure of lip reduction is performed on outpatient basis and it takes about an hour to complete. Below given are the procedural steps for lip reduction:
- Local anesthesia is administered.
- Then surgeon will make a horizontal incision along the length of your lip, usually from the inside of the mouth.
- Then strip of excess fat and skin tissues will be removed.
- Finally incisions will be closed with stitches.
- The procedure can be performed on both the upper and lower lips at the same time.
Lip Reduction Benefits
There are many aesthetic and psychological benefits of lip reduction surgery. Some of them are:
- It makes your lips slimmer and prettier.
- It will improve your facial harmony.
- It will give you a young and sensual look.
- It requires minimal downtime.
- As the incisions are made inside the lips, it does not result in visible scarring.
- It improves your confidence and self-esteem.
Lip Reduction Recovery
Though recovery period after lip reduction surgery is different for every patient, you may expect your recovery period be like:
- During the first few days of recovery, you will feel more pain and discomfort.
- You will become able to resume your normal activities in about 7 to 10 days.
- The stitches will be removed within a week or two.
- You will have to avoid strenuous physical activities and exercise for about two to three weeks.
- The final results will become visible after 2 to 3 months.
Our plastic surgeon will give you a customized list of post-surgical instructions. Some common post-surgical instructions for lip reduction surgery are:
- Take the prescribed medications regularly.
- Apply icepacks on the lips to minimize pain and swelling.
- Avoid foods with high acidic content such as lemon, oranges and tomatoes because they may irritate your wounds.
- Soft, pureed foods may be best immediately after your lip reduction surgery.
- Use antiseptic mouthwash to rinse your mouth.
- Keep your head elevated for recommended period of time.
- Avoid exertion and strenuous tasks for recommended period of time.