Browlift Surgery in Dubai
As a part of the natural ageing process the skin of your forehead starts sagging after a certain age, forming a droopy appearance that could be accompanied with frown or worry lines. Some people may have inherited drooping or sagging eyebrows which make them look aged, tired and exhausted. Browlift surgery in Dubai may be the right choice for you if you are experiencing the above stated problem. Browlift surgery, also known as browplasty or forehead lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that eliminates worry lines on the forehead and also elevates drooping eyebrows that can obstruct vision.
Browlift Surgery Candidates
You may be an ideal candidate for browlift surgery if:
- You have sagging eyebrows and excess skin or fatty tissue over your eyes.
- You appear tired because of droopy eyebrows and lines on forehead.
- You are physically healthy.
- You do not smoke.
- You have realistic expectations with the outcomes of surgery
Browlift Surgery Goals
Browlift surgery aims at improving your aesthetic appearance making you look more youthful, beautiful and attractive by:
- Repositioning sagging or low brows that hang on your eyelids
- Raising your eyebrows to more youthful and alert position
- Improving the appearance of horizontal lines on forehead
- Improving the frown lines between the eyes
Browlift Surgery Techniques
There are numerous nonsurgical options available for treating the problem but browlift is the most useful of all. following techniques may be used in browlift:
- Classical Browlift: It involves making longer incision that starts from the level of ears continuing along the hairline. It is more invasive than endoscopic browlift.
- Endoscopic Browlift: In this procedure, instead of making a continuous incision, the surgeon will make a few shorter incisions on the scalp. A scope (small camera on the end of a thin tube) is used to view the tissues and muscles on a screen. Another device inserted through another incision is used to make alterations.
During the pre-op visit, our plastic surgeon will perform a physical exam and will take your medical history. He/She will also give you a list of pre-surgical instructions. Some common preparatory instructions for browlift surgery are:
- Getting lab testing.
- Stop smoking as it slows down the healing process.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Avoid taking aspirin, blood thinning and anti-inflammatory medications as they can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Take prescribed medications and adjust your current medications.
- Make recommended alterations in your diet.
Browlift Surgery Procedure
The browlift surgery is performed on outpatient basis and generally takes one to two hours. The steps for the procedure are:
- The first step of the surgery is administration of anesthesia. General anesthesia is used for browlift surgery.
- After this, incisions are made and the site and length of incision will vary depending on the technique.
- Incision is made across the forehead just below the hairline for traditional browlift.
- Endoscopic browlift involves making several small incisions in the scalp.
- The next step is making required alterations.
- In traditional browlift skin is lifted and excess of it is removed to reposition brows and smooth wrinkles.
- In endoscopic browlift brows are lifted and muscle tissue that cause lines are removed. An endoscope inserted through one incision allows surgeon to do alterations precisely.
- Finally, incisions are closed using sutures.
Browlift Surgery Benefits
Browlift surgery greatly enhances your facial appearance and provides many aesthetic and emotional benefits. Some of them include:
- It rejuvenates your facial appearance to a more youthful look.
- It makes you look more pleasant and approachable.
- Endoscopic browlift has minimal side effects and requires very less time for recovery.
- It gives natural looking and longer lasting results.
- It boosts your confidence and self-image.
Browlift Surgery Recovery
Browlift recovery varies depending on the technique used and patient’s condition. Generally, patients who undergo endoscopic lift surgery require less time for recovery than those who undergo classical lift.
- In the initial few days of recovery, you will experience more discomfort but it will subside with the passage of time.
- The endoscopic lift incisions will heal fast leaving little or no scarring.
- The bandages applied on the incisions will be removed within two days.
- The stitches are removed about a week after surgery.
- You will be able to resume your normal life in 7 to 10 days.
- Complete recovery will require 3 weeks or so.
Our plastic surgeon will provide you with thorough post-surgical instructions which must be followed to the letter. There may be some specific to your needs though most are general instructions. They include:
- Keep your head elevated to reduce swelling.
- Use cold compresses or ice packs to reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Avoid shower or shampooing your hair for two days.
- Avoid vigorous activities and exercise for recommended period of time.
- Take prescribed medications regularly.