It is not always the case that you have a double chin which bothers you. Often you have shape of the chin such that you do not look attractive despite the fact you have quite appealing facial features. An ideal chin is normally considered to be the one that is right above and isolated from the neck. If the chin is joined to the neck with a patch of flesh hanging down this may not be easily removed unless there is a surgery such as Chin Augmentation as offered by Dubai Cosmetic Surgery. However, it is good to know something about this process.
Generally speaking, Chin Augmentation is a surgical procedure and involves the following:
- Reshapes or improves size of the chin.
- Implant (such as silicone, teflon or Dacron) is inserted over jaw bone through a pocket created by a cut in front of the chin bone and under the muscles. This increases dimension and defines shape of chin or jaw line.
- Removal of fat via Chin Liposuction and tightening of the muscle sling under the chin though a small incision placed in the skin behind the chin
- The stitches made for closing the incision are inside the mouth so the scars cannot be seen easily
- Process takes 1 ½ to 3 hours and performed with patient under local anesthesia.
- Light activities can be resumed within 7 – 10 days though full recovery may take 3 to 4 months.